Malwarebytes causing severe storage (NVMe, SSD, HDD) issues

PiersJ

On 12/27/2021 at 1:42 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If Microsoft SmartScreen blocks the download, click through to save the file
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you

I started the step but then got side-tracked (a lot of personal issues at the moment, which is why there's a delay in replying for which I apologise). Windows Storage "Sense" then cleaned my downloads folder (in fairness I should have disabled it). Now the tool is no longer available (404) from the URL you posted.

• Root Admin

Interesting... It looks like something has happened to that domain. I'm getting a blank page today even from their home page.

Okay, no pressure, when you have time please run the FIX posted and then post back the FIXLOG.txt file.

Go ahead and take your time if you need to for personal issues. We'll be here when you have time.

Best wishes and good luck @PiersJ

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks