New Android TV 49 Trojan infections, false?

Hi, I just bought Nokia Android TV, there aren't many security apps on the Android TV play store so I side loaded Malewarebytes. 

At first it picked up 2 Trojan.Downloader.sudden.oxc? infections on my side loaded tp link app from my phone. I couldn't delete them as they were system files. I did a factory reset and downloaded Malewarebytes from APK mirror, this time 49 infection all the same as above, all couldn't be removed.

I'm hoping that these are all false positives but there is no way of telling. All other Antivirus apps made for Android TV, Eset, Dr Web and one I can't remember didn't find anything, also my sideloaded Bitdefender didn't either.

I submitted a ticket but haven't heard anything as it's only just been submitted, my biggest problem is controlling the Malewarebytes app as it needs a mouse pointer input to operate, I used a phone app but didn't want to reconnect after this result, so submitting a log file might be difficult.

If I can submit one do you think they could tell if these results are false positives, many thanks.

Hi @Ricky25,

I'm not seeing Trojan.Downloader.sudden.oxc anywhere in our Malware DB.  Could you get a picture of the detection?  Also, I know it may be difficult, but an Apps Report would be very helpful.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1. Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon.
  3. Tap Your apps.
  4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.
  5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included.

At this point, it would be very helpful to mention you are submitting via recommendation from the Malwarebytes forum.  This allows our support staff to know where to direct it.

By sending the Apps Report, you will create a ticket in our support system.

Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Thanks for reply, I sent you a private message as I keep getting a spam warning, hopefully this will work.

Ticket 3671172 

Email <removed>

Mistake in infection name, it is Trojan.Dropper.Shedun.OXC.

Saved scan diagnostic file, will this help as the Android TV doesn't have email to send apps list, I will try and side load it.

MBMAC30901068.log

Thank you for your help.

MBMAC30901068.log

Edited by tetonbob
removed email address

These are the infected files or apps, I had to write them down so there might be the odd misspelling. Why so many files, not a very stealthy virus.

Device Configuration
DroidLogicTvinput
Dynamic System Updates
Settings
Bug Tracker
System FService Stub
MultiMediaPlaer(inside) appeared in apps draw?
External Storage
Bluetooth RCU

com.droidlogic.droidtvsettingsoveay

NetworkStack
droidlogic System
Droid Settings
PacProcessor
Certificate installer
Android system
com.android.backupconfirm
CoreService
PlayTest
DVB Audio Service
Settings Storage
com.android.sharedstoragebackup
SecureElementApplication
Input Devices
Read Logs
TV controller
Key Chain
com.android.localtransport
SetupCustomizer
Remote Control Update Service
Proxy handler
BugReportSender
TvGlobeKeyHandler
DTVKit Source
MediaProcessorTestSuite
RemoteOTA
TvLauncherConfig
com.android.server.NetworkPermisionConfig
NativeImagePlayer
VpnDialogs
Activity Stub
Shell
com.android.wallpaperbackup
Fused Location
System UI
Bluetooth MIDI Service
Bluetooth
CaptivePortalLogin
com.droidlogic.overlay

I'm a bit lost, are you saying there all false positives because I received this email.

Dec 13, 2021, 8:53 PST

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We have received the export of diagnostic data. Unfortunately, this information only contains functionality data on the Malwarebytes for Android app if you were experiencing an issue with the apps functionality.

I would need to gather a report using the option found in the Your apps section of Malwarebytes for Android and not in the Settings.

Please do the following to send us the report:

Open Malwarebytes

Tap the Menu icon in the top left corner

Scroll down and tap Your Apps

Tap the Icon in the top right corner (above recently used)

Tap the Send to Support option

Choose a mail application and please send us the information that gets populated.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

Hi @Ricky25,

The original log data you sent is diagnostic data.  What we would need is an Apps Report, which is in the instructions I sent before and what support sent you.  But as you stated, that's tough to do without a mail app on the device.  Another option could be to copy the report, but not sure where you could paste it to got it sent off the Android TV.  Regardless, it shouldn't be detected in future database versions, so if it's no longer detecting you can disregard.  If it is still detecting, try forcing  a database update.  This is how to force update Malwarebytes for Android: Manually update database in Malwarebytes for Android