Malware, Keylogger, Password stealing program

Ownage

Hello, i NEED help. I have some kind of virus in my PC which can steal all of my passwords and can logon to my emails. I have tried to use malwarebytes but it has found nothing. I've found a .txt document in my C:/ProgramFiles which had full information on all of my accounts made on this PC. PLEASE HELP. Contact me via this post

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed email from post

Hello @Ownage       :welcome:

My name os Maurice. 

Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

I would like a report set for review.   This is a report only.

Please download MALWAREBYRES MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced >>> then   Gather Logs

Upload an archive once it is done. Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop.

• Please attach  mbst-grab-results.zip    to your reply , like displayed here.
  • To send  ( upload)   attachments please click the "ADD Files"  link . Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg

The set of data from the report will provide much needed information.

Please always attach reports as we go along.

Cheers.

Thank you.  I will be guiding you to do a few different scans with different tools.  This here is juet the first.

do a new Threat Scan with Malwarebytes for Windows  and post back the log

go to the main Malwarebytes Window.   Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d04ef98c885b4f44f51bfe735922fba7.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine.jpg.8639e1dfc2301bc6d60a8cfb3c339241.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

• To send  ( upload)   attachments please click the "ADD Files"  link . Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg

The set of data from the report will provide much needed information.

Please always attach reports as we go along.

Cheers.

mbreport.txt As I've said earlier malwarebytes scans show nothing is wrong but i can confidently say that my PC is infected as my gmail says that an unauthorized application has logged on to my computer from MY computer. This is what the email sent me, don't know if it helps, but here it is. 745476177629-7b5d8jjlirraihnaqhn7f2to6000imi2.apps.googleusercontent.com

I am going to guide you to doing several different scans. Patience & persistence are called for.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. 

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Look on Scan Options & select FULL scan.

Then start the scan. Have lots of patience. It may take several hours.

• Once you see it has started, take a long long break;  walk away.  Do not pay credence if you see some intermediate early flash messages on screen display.  The only things that count are the End result at the end of the run.

Let me know the result of this.    This is likely to run for many hours   ( depending on number of files on your machine & the speed of hardware.)

The log is named MSERT.log  

the log will be at  

Windows\debug\msert.log

Please attach that log with your reply.

Thank you. The result from this Safety Scanner is actually good.  

We will be doing some other additional scans.  This here is one of those.

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool   and save it to your desktop.

• If your security alerts to this scan either accept the alert or turn off your security to allow Sophos to run and complete.....
  • Please Do Not use your PC whilst the scan is in progress.... This scan is very thorough so may take several hours...

Double click the icon and select Run

Click Next

Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice

Click Install

Click Finish to launch the program

• Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning

If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)

Attach the results in your reply

• Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup

Click Exit to close the program

If no threats were found please confirm that result....

• The Virus Removal Tool scans the following areas of your computer:
  • Memory, including system memory on 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows
  • The Windows registry
  • All local hard drives, fixed and removable
  • Mapped network drives are not scanned.

Note: If threats are found in the computer memory, the scan stops. This is because further scanning could enable the threat to spread. You will be asked to click Start Cleanup to remove the threats before continuing the scan.

Saved logs are found under this sub-folder: C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs 

Let me know what Sophos reports.   

Good morning.  That you for the report log from Sophos. Sophos found 1 file as a threat and removed it.

would suggest that you do this next scan. This is a known respected tool. It will scan for viruses as well as for potentially unwanted applications.   ( P U A  or  P U P ).

I would suggest a free scan with the ESET Online Scanner.  

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"

• Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started.

• When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
  • Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on Full scan

Look at & tick ( select ) the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications" and click on Start scan button.

• Have patience. The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.

There is a progress window display. You may step away from machine &. Let it be.

You should ignore all prompts to get the ESET antivirus software program. ( e.g. their standard program). You do not need to buy or get or install anything else.

• When the scan is completed, if something was found, it will show a screen with the number of detected items. If so, click the button marked “View detected results”.
  • Click The blue Save scan log to save the log.

If something was removed and you know it is a false finding, you may click on the blue ”Restore cleaned files” ( in blue, at bottom).

Press Continue when all done. You should click to off the offer for “periodic scanning”.

Please make sure you attach the log report.     

[    2    ]

I would recommend getting a readout report as to update status of some key apps.

• and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.

This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.

Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Thanks. I notice that the ESET scan found 1 GameHack as potentially unsafe application. and a few other P U P / P U A   

Needless to say, one needs to be ever careful of what is downloaded and just from where. Plus always scan downloads before using or opening them.

>

As to what is highlighted on SecurityCheck that needs your follow-up to insure your pc has the latest releases.

Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1.18 v.6.1.18 Warning! Download Update
Python 3.9.6 (64-bit) v.3.9.6150.0 Warning! Download Update
Microsoft Visual Studio Code (User) v.1.62.3 Warning! Download Update

Total Commander 64-bit (Remove or Repair) v.9.51 Warning! Download Update
WinRAR 5.91 (64-bit) v.5.91.0   Uninstall this old version
WinRAR 6.00 (32-bit) v.6.00.0 Warning! Download Update

Discord v.1.0.9002 Warning! Download Update

ProtonVPN v.1.21.2 Warning! Download Update
Peer-to-peer file sharing networks can pose security concerns. It's best not top use them. Uninstall "torrent" apps unless they are absolutely a must-have.
µTorrent v.3.5.5.46074 Warning! Ad-supported P2P-client.
uTorrent Web v.1.1.1 Warning! Ad-supported P2P-client.
qBittorrent 4.3.0.1 v.4.3.0.1 Warning! Download Update

Java 8 Update 301 (64-bit) v.8.0.3010.9 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one (jre-8u311-windows-x64.exe).

Popcorn Time v.6.2.1.17   Warning! Suspected Adware!  If this program is not familiar to you it is recommended to uninstall it 

>

You may delete esetonlinescanner.exe

We are done with Sophos VRT tool.  Now to uninstall it.

1. Press & hold  the Windows key on keyboard & then tap the R key   to open the Run box-window.
2. Type 

appwiz.cpl 

and tap Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.   Locate on the list "Sophos Virus Removal".

Do a right-click on it.  Then choose Uninstall.   Let it proceed.

Exit Programs and Features, when done.

>

One other scan here.    

TrendMicro HouseCall scan

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html

First, Download & Save to your Downloads folder the appropriate HouseCallLauncher

Once the download is complete, go to where the Housecalllauncher is saved & double-click it to start it.

The program will check with TrendMicro & do a update run.

Next it will show the Disclosure window.

Click Next to proceed.

The end user license agreement is presented.   Click the Accept radio button & click Next to proceed.

IF you wish a Full scan or a Custom scan, first click on the Settings

then you can select which drives you want to include in the scan.

The default is a Quick scan.

Click Scan now when ready.

The scan progress will then be displayed.   Monitor the progress or just leave it alone until it finishes this phase.

When the scan phase has completed, if any items are tagged, you will see a list, showing  the file & its location, the classification of the threat, the type, risk, and Action option.

If you see an item that you know is safe, you can click the Action  , and select Ignore.

When all done & ready, click the Fix now button.

You are very welcome. I am glad to have worked with you.

We can proceed with cleanup of tools we used.

To remove the FRSTENGLISH tool & its work files, do this. Go to your Downloads folder. Do a RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.exe.
Then run that ( double click on it) to begin the cleanup process.

Delete mb-support-1.8.7.918.exe
Delete mbst-grab-results.zip on the Desktop.

Delete msert.exe  ( if still present) on Downloads
Delete esetonlinescanner.exe   ( if still present) on Downloads
Any other download file I had you download, you may delete.
Consider using PatchMyPC, keep all your software up-to-date - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download

Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware.

I am marking this case for closure.
I wish you all the best. Stay safe.
Sincerely.

Maurice

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you