Won't run on Vista

Windows Vista keeps telling me I have no anti-virus software installed. I open the MalwareBytes interface and click the Start Protection button. I then get a dialog box saying

---------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[OpenSCManager] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 5

OK

Followed by a dialog telling me that the malware bytes protection module is already running.

However, Windows still tells me that I have no anti-virus installed.

• Staff

Greetings and welcome :D .

Do you see the Red Malwarebytes' icon in your system tray next to your clock? If so, then Malwarebytes' is already running and protecting your computer, however, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not an antivirus program nor is it a replacement for one. It is a supplemental layer of protection designed to catch the threats that the majority of antivirus softwares miss. You need to install an antivirus as soon as possible to keep your PC protected.

The following are my recommendations for antivirus protection along with links to downloads for them (free trials for those that require a purchase so you can try them before deciding):

Note: If you decide to use one of the trial versions of one of the paid antiviruses then you will either need to purchase it or uninstall it completely and install a replacement antivirus before the trial expires so that your PC is not left unprotected.