Malwarebytes keeps blocking Private Internet Access IP's.

lightray

I get notifications every few minutes of PIA's routing IP's being blocked even though the VPN isn't even on. I'm not sure if this is a problem with PIA or Malwarebytes. I've been using both programs for a long time and sometimes I don't get these for weeks and sometimes it happens as often as seen in the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.9af9e55a7e633ac406e44a8a90111b44.png

I found this forum after having Malwarebytes pop up alerts with very similar info to those listed above.  "Compromised"   "pia-service.exe" and some of the same IP address.  It started just a few days ago. Not sure what to do other than wait and see if any of these comments get some traction. All scans come back clean.

I'm not sure what the comment made by Andres means.  "All the IPs above are being used for Port Scan Attacks and all are very recent. "   

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, EdChadd said:

What's the best solution at this point?

1 minute ago, EdChadd said:

I'm experiencing this very same issue now, with the latest version of PIA

If PIA would stop routing the VPN thru compromised IP's things will change.

Try a different VPN.

If users would stop using VPN's for web attacks, brute force attacks and more this would not be an issue.

Edited by Porthos