Cannot Activate on new iphone 13

PBHClark

I am a registered user of Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Privacy. I just updated my cell phone from a Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android) (which has now been deactivated and returned to factory settings) to an Apple iphone 13. I downloaded the Malwarebytes Premium for the Apple, but cannot find how to activate it (if I select "Upgrade to Premium" it takes me to a payment screen - which includes an option 'restore previous purchase'; however selecting that option effectively does nothing). I expected to be able to input my license key. I could not find any help on your website. Please advise. Peter Clark (email: pbhclark@msn.com). 

6 minutes ago, PBHClark said:

to an Apple iphone 13. I downloaded the Malwarebytes Premium for the Apple, but cannot find how to activate it (if I select "Upgrade to Premium" it takes me to a payment screen

Iphone subscriptions can only be purchased directly from Apple. Your current license will not work.

Q: What is iOS?

iOS is the operating system on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches. This is a different system from macOS, which runs on Macintosh computers.

Q: I purchased a license to cover my computers. Can I also use this license on iOS?

A: No. Unfortunately, Apple will not allow purchase of our app outside the App Store. The licenses purchased from our website can only be used on Mac, Windows and Android devices. For more information, see:

Malwarebytes for iOS

Edited by Porthos

5 minutes ago, PBHClark said:

it seems very odd indeed I was able to activate "Malwarebytes Privacy" on the iphone 13.

That is different. different program different set of rules from apple.

2 minutes ago, PBHClark said:

Cannot see further than that in your reply.

See the post again, It was edited.

Edited by Porthos

• Staff

Actually, it's not that a different program has different rules applied to it. It's simply that Privacy was where we first attempted to push this boundary with Apple, and we were successful in doing so. The same will be coming to the Mobile Security app for iOS as well in the relatively near future.