Privacy for desktop PC.

R2D21962
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

Sometimes I have to switch Privacy "OFF" because certain websites and espacially video streaming don't like VPNs. Sometimes I forget to turn my Privacy back "ON" but I do shut down my computer "OFF" every night. Privacy is set in auto lauch and auto connect in settings but doesn't work when computer is turned "OFF" and "ON" again? What's the use in having an auto lauch and an auto connect when the computer turns back "ON" if it doesn't work?

You need to turn off fast start in Windows. By default, Windows does not actually shut down when you tell it so. It only goes in to a hybrid sleep.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

If doing the above does not work, we need logs to assist.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

Edited by Porthos
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Porthos said:

To Turn Off Fast Startup

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_Off_Fast_Startup.bat

Download

5 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

6 Right click or press and hold on the downloaded .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

7 When prompted, click/tap on Run and Yes (UAC).

8 You will now notice your screen flicker as a command prompt quickly opens and closes to apply the registry changes.

9 Restart not shutdown the computer.

Now check to see if the VPN comes on after you shut down and restart.

Make sure you have these settings on in The VPN.

image.png.03a2ab3f3325155ab04439369b156b8d.png