Network errors, can't Update Windows

Hello  :welcome:

My name is Maurice.  I will guide you.

Do keep in mind that this sub-forum is for help on malware infection issues.  The failing Windows Update just may be from other causes. And if overly complicated, I will need to refer you elsewhere.

Now a different report, to check on Windows Defender and also on Windows Update service.   This is a checkup report only.

Download   Farbar's Service Scanner utility

and Save to your Desktop.

Right-Click on fss.exe and select Run As Administrator.

Answer Yes to ok when prompted.

If your firewall then puts out a prompt, again, allow it to run.

Once FSS is on-screen, be sure the following items are check-marked:

• Internet Services
    Windows Firewall
    System Restore
    Security Center/Action Center
    Windows Update
    Windows Defender
    Other services

Click on "Scan".

It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.   Please attach that file.    😁

Keep in mine we will need to do other scans later.  There is not a single-shot-cure-all.

Hello.

You must TICK all lines that are flagged by Malwarebytes so that they are removed.  

Next I would suggest to insure to Update Malwarebytes & then do a new special scan with it.

Do a Check for Update using the Malwarebytes Settings >> General tab.

See this Support Guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

When it shows a new version available, Accept it and let it proceed forward.  Be sure it succeeds.

If prompted to do a Restart, just please follow all directions.

Let me know how that goes.    Next, the Malwarebytes scan.

Then click the Security tab.  Scroll down and lets be sure the line in SCAN OPTIONs for 

"Scan for rootkits" is ON 👈   Click it to get it ON if it does not show a blue-color .

Next, click the small x on the Settings line to go to the main Malwarebytes Window.   Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d04ef98c885b4f44f51bfe735922fba7.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine.jpg.8639e1dfc2301bc6d60a8cfb3c339241.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

😉

Hi.  I am reading the report.  Did you notice that all the lines said o Action By User

No Action By User

As I listed on my prior post, did you do a REVIEW and look at all the lines .....and insure to TICK all of them

so that then they would all be removed ?

You do not need to do anything with the "Malwarebytes Quarantine".  That area is the "lockup" for the threats that are removed.

Allow me to suggest using ( one time) a different tool.

This ought to take something in the range of 15 - 25 minutes tops, depending on hardware speed.

get & run the Malwarebytes MBAR anti-rootkit tool to do 1 run with it.

Disregard the title subject of the topic.

Run the MBAR tool as listed here 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes

when done, I need the MBAR logs.

Upon completion of the scan or after the reboot, two files named mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt will be created.

Both files can be found in the extracted MBAR folder on your Desktop.

Please attach both files in your next reply.

[   2    ]

Keep going and do this as a next step.

Let's do one scan with Malwarebytes Adwcleaner to check for adwares. Just before pressing that "scan" button, be sure that Chrome & Edge, or other web browser are Closed.

It will not take much time,

First download & save it

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038520054-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-AdwCleaner

Then be sure to close all web browsers.

Then go to where the EXE file is saved. Start Adwcleaner.  Then do a scan with Adwcleaner

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038520114-Malwarebytes-AdwCleaner-scan-and-clean

Attach the Clean log.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks