4.4.10 Beta.

brad03

Not sure if this is a known issue or not but security advisor sometimes states windows firewall is off "simply clicking the view details button" corrects the issue when it brings you into the windows firewall settings. any idea why this is happening? If you need logs then simply tell me how to proceed thanks :)

Edited by brad03

• Staff

@brad03 @Max-H Thank you so much, we really appreciate you taking the time to test the beta builds and share your feedback! In response to the concern raised, this is intended functionality for the time being. In a nutshell our goal here is to a) inform the user of the problem, b) take them to the place where they can resolve the issue. In most cases, we expect that users will correct the issue once taken to the Windows Security Center. However, to minimize performance impact, we opted to dismiss the warning once the user clicks the View details link rather than continuously polling for the updated status. When the user restarts Malwarebytes, we'll check the firewall status again and advise the user if there's still a problem.

• Staff

@brad03 @Max-H My apologies, I misunderstood the initial post. Security Advisor should not be reporting an issue with the Windows Firewall while the firewall is enabled. I appreciate your offer to provide logs so we can investigate this further. We'll have someone reach out with those instructions. Out of curiosity, for the devices that are having this issue, are they on a LAN connection or WiFi? Thanks!

Edited by H4V0C
corrected tagging issue
  • Thanks 1

• Root Admin

Hello @brad03

Can we get logs to review please.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Max-H said:

ps I thought attachments could not been seen by other users?

The beta forum does allow download in order for us to work more efficiently with users. It would be harder to work back and forth if downloads were locked down here.

The logs are not recording any type of known personal information. At most if you used your real name as your profile name it would record that but using your real name is not a best practice anyways

I am also having this issue.  On two PCs Malwarebytes Premium claims my Windows Firewall is off when I have visually confirmed that it is on.

One PC is running Windows 7 Ent 64bit.  The other (my main PC) is running Windows 10 Ppr 64bit Build 19043.1320

When I go to “View Settings” (from Mbam), the Windows firewall settings opens.  After confirming firewall is on, and making zero changes, I then close firewall settings dialogue.

Mbam then reports “You security settings are perfect!”

I close and restart the MBAM dialogue.  MBAM again claims my Windows Firewall is off.

Rinse and repeat.

This is on a wired network