FlashbackPlayer

Efrain

• Root Admin

Hello @Efrain

Can you please post the log showing the detection. I just scanned the file and it was not detected on my system.

For reference

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/80a84cf70ad9287b49a81e4a0a2a6f55d5fd4b3b1e6f6d4d9ac7155369af0b75?nocache=1

Thanks

• Root Admin

Why are you running it from the TEMP folder?

Can't you run it from a dedicated folder?

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

@AdvancedSetupThe officers log into a website, browse for the video then click on a thumbnail to see the video.  They never see this app.  Somewhere in the process a Java script runs and the player is installed for them (if not already installed) then the video starts to play within the browser (Edge or Chrome).  The problem is that Malwarebytes thinks this is a malicious app and stops it from working so the video never plays.  It's a horrible, stupid system that we are stuck with for now.

As for the logs, we have an Endpoint agent running on the PCs.  There's no app to click on to see and download logs.  If you point me to the folder/files that you need I can upload.

Thank you very much for you help!

• Root Admin

Ah.. my apology. I thought you were running a Consumer desktop client.

I've posted in your other topic, but why can't the application be copied to the local computer into a folder that is already in the path?

Were you able to get the MD5 hash? That will not change regardless of where the file is located. Though excluding it from Anti Exploit may or may not work.

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Ah.. my apology. I thought you were running a Consumer desktop client.

I've posted in your other topic, but why can't the application be copied to the local computer into a folder that is already in the path?

Were you able to get the MD5 hash? That will not change regardless of where the file is located. Though excluding it from Anti Exploit may or may not work.

I got the hash but haven't tried it yet.  I will tomorrow.  Again, thank you so much.

• Root Admin

You're quite welcome. Now, all of this said.

What Operating System are these computers running?

Are these actual videos or flash? Are you aware that Adobe has deprecated Flash?

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Most Windows systems can view a variety of video formats out of the box if these are actual videos.

13 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

You're quite welcome. Now, all of this said.

What Operating System are these computers running?

Are these actual videos or flash? Are you aware that Adobe has deprecated Flash?

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Most Windows systems can view a variety of video formats out of the box if these are actual videos.

Windows 10.

I don't believe it's flash.  These are actual videos stored on a server.   The officers log into a website, browse for the video then click on a thumbnail to see the video.  They never see this app.  Somewhere in the process a Java script runs and the player is installed for them (if not already installed) then the video starts to play within the browser (Edge or Chrome).

• Root Admin

Don't mean to impose. Just asking questions as it sure seems more problematic than it should be. Today even HTML 5 supports video. Most videos today that you view online are from a Web browser and it does not require anything new to be installed to view videos.

Let me know how the MD5 hash exclusions goes.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Hello @Efrain

Can we get the logs from one of these computers to see if we can assist further with this block

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you