Clevercaptcha.top

G'day hope i'm in the right place. I keep getting notifications saying to reactivate various antivirus softwares, which id as clevercaptcha.top. Weird thing is i've downloaded malwarebytes and scanguard and run a full diagnostic with both. They both come up clean, yet I know there's something on my computer because I keep getting all those notifications which I never had before... I've also run the chrome diagnostic and checked in the program/app to see if anything there but nothing. The only thing i found was an unnamed program in the startup apps..

can anyone help please..?

Cheers

LaSooch

SharedScreenshot.jpg

2 minutes ago, LaSooch said:

I keep getting notifications saying to reactivate various antivirus softwares

It sounds like an issue with the push notifications feature in Chromium based browsers (which includes MS Edge).  Please see if the instructions in this Malwarebytes Labs article help or not.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Let us get some logs please @LaSooch

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

48 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It sounds like an issue with the push notifications feature in Chromium based browsers (which includes MS Edge).  Please see if the instructions in this Malwarebytes Labs article help or not.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists.

Thanks

Hey @Porthos, thx for the quick reply. It looks like you hit the nail on the head!! I saw the cleavacaptcha website in the notifications and made the changes. Is it best to leave it there as a blocked site or delete it..?

It seems like we caught it as it isn't in MS edge nor is it in another chrome profile that i use. The only symptoms I noticed was at the time it made my screen shake and since then only the push notifications when I open the chrome profile... At this stage all good👍 thx for yr help 🙏👊

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you