IP 95.211.85.75

PsyPhi

Whenever I attempt to listen to internet radio stations from Pure.FM (using either iTunes or Windows Media Player), Malwarebytes pops up a balloon over the task bar indicating that it has blocked access to IP 95.211.85.75 (and the station doesn't play). I don't know if this is a false positive or a real threat. I can access other stations OK.

This range contains malware, warez and what appears to be CP, so no, it's not an F/P.

When you say "range", are you referring to other ports of 95.211.85.75 (the internet stations I want to listen to are at 95.211.85.75:80 & 95.211.85.75:8000), or do you mean some collection of "neighboring" IP address (such as all IP addresses of the form 95.211.85.xxx)? Does the IP blocking feature use such range designations because relevant characteristics are likely to be shared among members of the range (say, a bank of servers in the same physical building, or a common ISP)? Or is it simply a convenience to make your IP database a manageable size (a reasonable compromise if it significantly reduces the program's footprint and/or response time)?

You can temporarily disable the IP Protection whilst accessing the stream, yes. Though it's possible to get infected from such, it's not very common.

I tried turning off the IP Protection feature, and was then able to access the (previously blocked) stations, but when I turned the IP Protection back on, within a few seconds the blocking alert popped up again and the music stopped playing. I guess I should have expected this