Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Scan locks up on Brother Printer file

I noticed that a scan which ordinarily takes a few minutes was actually up to 15 minutes before I noticed.  I tried it again and again, rebooted, the whole-9.    Long story short, it's stalling when it gets to the same file which is included in the software for my Brother label printer.

It only started doing this about a month ago.  Initially I uninstalled the printer to run the scan, which it did perfectly.  Trouble is, I need that printer. I reinstalled the printer software and the malware scan stalls on that darn file again.

I was hoping that this would have become known to you guys from other inputs but seemingly not. 

See attached image.  Same file every time.  

Untitled-1.jpg

24 minutes ago, marcuskeeler said:

See attached image.  Same file every time.  

I'm sorry the software isn't working properly but we'll do our best to help.

To begin, Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@marcuskeeler

It is impossible to assist you with out the logs I asked for. Are you having trouble gathering the logs??

I'm not a programmer, I'm just a simple user who uses a product which does not work anymore.  I posted because I thought it would be a known issue, seemingly not.  I'm not inclined to install more software on my machine to overcome a clash with two products.  
Ptouch has been on my machine for a year without updates (if it isn't broken I don't fix it). The only thing that changes is Malwarebytes during it's regular updates, it therefore seems to point squarely as a problem developed during an update. 

I've sourced an alternate application to protect me from malware now. 

1 minute ago, marcuskeeler said:

The only thing that changes is Malwarebytes during it's regular updates

The screenshot you posted is from a very old version of Malwarebytes.

2 minutes ago, marcuskeeler said:

I'm not inclined to install more software on my machine

The tool is portable and does not actually install anything.