MWB 4.4.7.134 Minor bug - Tray icon not showing up on bootup

• Root Admin

Hello @Clang

Let me have you try doing a clean removal and reinstall of the program and let me know if that corrects the issue.

Can you please do the following?

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click the CLEAN button and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Malwarebytes
  • NOTE: Please have patience as it can take a while to remove and reinstall. The computer will restart to complete

After the restart please do the following

• Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

Started pc at 7:00 and and it did this again . Malwarebytes service was active in the task manager but that was it..

Rebooted and the icon showed up and malwarebytes tray application showed up in the task manager this time.

Will do the fix later.

20210929_075930.jpg

20210929_080005.jpg

Edited by Clang

Tried clean install again, it did not reboot again..Below is the file it produced this time around:

I noticed It also wants to install privacy that I don't use....and I skipped that.

Support tool log is attached for the latest clean install.

shut down pc and restarted and the icon is there.

icons.JPG.2062d8f4982820ee13683fc4186f6657.JPG

I will see what happens on the next boot up

Thanks

mbst-clean-results.txt mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by Clang

Welp... after disabling fast startup the icon is showing up now but I get ....20211007_065339.thumb.jpg.5942fe5a297f3a448d5a52e8fc5a17d7.jpg

Now on start up at times. I will click on this and sign in(have password on startup) and its ok for awhile.

One thing I noticed it ihis area will say you need to update you account settings . It will have me log in to my windows account. 

20211007_070253.thumb.jpg.e529667ddb11d650f35b8dbc8434c437.jpg

I found that on users that use a local account, Microsoft is trying their hardest to convert them to Microsoft accounts.  Make sure you are really signing into your computer currently with a Microsoft account, if you are then do what was suggested above by @Porthos

I like to leave my accounts local, so I usually cancel that when it comes up.  Another reason it may come up is if your using O365.