Exploit Office WMI Abuse Blocked

overclockable

• 2 weeks later...

@AdvancedSetup, funny that you ask (coincidence?!), but I've just had this pop up again five minutes ago when opening Excel after the laptop was turned off for a while! I did not change any settings since the time first reporting this issue (¬10 days ago), but I did not get any more RTP block notifications either... even though I've been opening Excel dozens of times in the exact same manner that prompted this RTP notification initially. I should note that I only got these prompts these two times (now and two weeks ago) when opening a recent Excel file via Start -> Right click on Excel icon in my dock -> Select a file from the recent category. These were two different files that I opened.

As previously, I do not want to lower my security settings in Malwarebytes, as I have not faced any issues since then as noted above and I would err on the side of protection in this case. Perhaps there was a patch in the meanwhile that fixed this? If not, will this be patched somehow on the MB side? Thank you!