MWB for chromebook?

Dublin70

My chromebook is over 3 years old and I have never had any external protection on it as they claim it is not needed. I now will not receive updates to the system due to its age. I would like to put MWB on it but can't seem to be able to. It tells me I can do it thru the google play store which I have never been able to do as this particular chromebook is not the right version. Can someone help me do this -- thanks so much.

3 hours ago, Dublin70 said:

It tells me I can do it thru the google play store which I have never been able to do as this particular chromebook is not the right version.

Seems your Chromebook is not compatible. If the google store wont let you install then it is not available for you.

I would see if you can install Browser guard on your chrome browser. https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard

1 minute ago, Dublin70 said:

I guess I will have to install an anti-virus program as well. Thanks again.

The crap that affects Chromebooks come from the browser for most part. If you only install apps from the chrome store you should be ok.

Well since my CB is not the right version (according to Acer CB) I can't use the store. So with the browser guard and and an AV program, I will proceed. Thanks again. Please clarify- Chrome store is the same as Google Play Store or different? I will have to google the chrome store. I yi yi...