failed Malwarebytes install solved + Trickbot Gootkit

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

@Eddy68    Hello.  I must move your post to a stand-alone new Thread.   Please hold on.  I will need some premilimanry report from your machine.

In this forum section ( malware removal) the Thread belongs to the person who first creates it.  Help is one to one.   No group type thing.  A failed install can be due to different issues.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Hello @Eddy68    :welcome:

I will guide & help to see about this "failed install" issue.  I will see & guide about getthing this pc to have the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.

I need a report set for review.   This is a report only.

Please download MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced > Gather Logs

Upload an archive once it is done. Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop.

• Please attach  mbst-grab-results.zip    to your reply , like displayed here.
  • To send  ( upload)   attachments please click the link marked "ADD File". Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg

Only after you are all set plus have uploaded the ZIP file, then press the button "Submit Reply" in blue color.   Please have patience throughout this case.  Understand also I am a volunteer here.

Cheers.

There are infections here that were identified by Windows Defender.  Plus the Windows HOSTS file has to be rebuilt.  I am working on the first phase of a custom fix.  Stay tuned.

Please do not make any changes on your own.  If you have questions, ask me first.

2 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

There are infections here that were identified by Windows Defender.  Plus the Windows HOSTS file has to be rebuilt.  I am working on the first phase of a custom fix.  Stay tuned.

Please do not make any changes on your own.  If you have questions, ask me first.

infections on my new laptop? wow. i am so happy that you can help me.... i hope this issue will be fixed asap

You and I are the only ones on this thread.  I get notified of all replies.  

By the way, stick with me until I give the all clear.  That is to say, this is not a one-shot & done.  We will be doing several passes.

Meantime, do not do any web surfing, nor online games.

Here below is a custom run intended to do some initial cleanups.  Please take time to read carefully & apply all directions below.

If you have a question, stop and ask me first.

[    1    ]

As a next basic step, Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

[    2    ]

We will use FRSTENGLISH.exe  on Downloads folder to run a custom script.    The system will be rebooted after the script has run.

This custom script is for  EDDY68  only / for this machine only.

This custom script has some specific things, plus some general aspect to help the system overall.

NOTE-1:  This script will  run a scan using System File Checker to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files.  It will rebuild the Winsock.  It will run the Windows DISM tool to check the system. It is also intended to rebuild the Windows HOSTS file.  The entry causing a block to Malwarebytes server must be removed.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. 

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome,  and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

• Please be sure to Close any open work files, documents,  any apps you started yourself  before starting this.

• If there are any CD / DVD / or USB-flash-thumb or USB-storage drives attached,  please disconnect any of those.
  • Please save the (attached file named) FIXLIST.txt   to the   user Downloads  folder

Fixlist.txt

Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the Downloads   folder.

RIGHT click on  FRSTENGLISH.exe    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.
  to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

• IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......

click line More info information on that screen
               and click button Run anyway on next screen.

• on the FRST window:

Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. 
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity   

We will do more after this.  Persistence & patience are called for here.

Stick with me because there will be more for later.

This is the part 1.

'Alle mappen weergeven' in- of uitschakelen vanuit het lint van de bestandsverkenner

1 Open Verkenner (Win+E) en klik/tik op het tabblad Weergave.

2 Klik/tik op de knop van het navigatiedeelvenster in het lint en klik/tik op Toon alle mappen om deze in te schakelen (vink de TOON alle mappen aan)

Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane-show_all_folders_navigation_pane.png

Part 2

Sla het (bijgevoegde bestand met de naam) FIXLIST.txt op in de map Downloads van de gebruiker

Fixlist.txt

Start de Windows Verkenner en vervolgens naar de map Downloads.

Klik met de rechtermuisknop op FRSTENGLISH.exe en selecteer UITVOEREN als beheerder en laat het doorgaan. Antwoord JA wanneer u wordt gevraagd om toestemming te geven voor uitvoering.
   om het hulpprogramma uit te voeren. Als de tool u waarschuwt dat de versie verouderd is, download en voer dan de bijgewerkte versie uit.
ALS Windows u vraagt om dit uit te voeren, selecteert u JA om door te gaan.

ALS u een blokkeringsbericht van Windows krijgt over deze tool......
                klik lijn Meer info informatie op dat scherm
                en klik op de knop Toch uitvoeren op het volgende scherm.

in het FRST-venster:
Klik één keer op de knop Herstellen en wacht.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

Voeg de FIXLOG.txt bij uw volgende antwoord later, bij uw volgende gelegenheid

The FIXLIST.txt   is a text type file.   You lost me as to just what is saying "windows 8".   Did you run the FIX  like I listed ?  yes  or no.   ?

IF you did do the FIX   and it finished, it would have Restarted Windows.

IF you have nothing to lose,  if you decide,  then you can get the laptop back to how it came from HP or

you can do a Windows 10 RESET operation .

7 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

The FIXLIST.txt   is a text type file.   You lost me as to just what is saying "windows 8".   Did you run the FIX  like I listed ?  yes  or no.   ?

IF you did do the FIX   and it finished, it would have Restarted Windows.

IF you have nothing to lose,  if you decide,  then you can get the laptop back to how it came from HP or

you can do a Windows 10 RESET operation .

i mad a mistake, i didnt see the exe file. i am soooo soryy. it was in front of me but i dindt see it. i run the fix now

1 minute ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Obnce you start the FIX  just let it do its work  and have lots of patience.  The run may take as much as 40 to 50 minutes perhaps.

While the fix is running,  you should not be using the computer.   Have much patience.

it is done and i upload the result to you

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to failed Malwarebytes install solved + Trickbot Gootkit