Malwarebytes and Windows 11

Recently loaded Malwarebytes latest version on Dell 7373 laptop running Windows 11.

I am on the beta channel of the Windows Insider Program.

Noted extreme slowdown of system right from the start with Windows Hello not appearing for over 30 seconds and all downhill from there. Slow speeds on every functionl. Sadly when Malwarebytes remove slowness gone.

System Dell 7373 laptop with generation 8 I7 processor. Limitation may be because only 8 GB of memory and Task Manager shows Malwarebytes using over 400mgb of memory

19 minutes ago, JerryF said:

I am on the beta channel of the Windows Insider Program.

Keep in mind that 11 is not official yet. Also beta users will have to wipe and reload from what I have read when 11 is released. There is no upgrade path from the beta to the release version.

The above being said,

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

I would  create exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

On top of webroot, I would also add these to the allow list in MB