Assitance about ticket # 3548312

Hello this is in reference to my support email ticket # 3548312 I cannot send through my email because it will not let me. Because I have been hacked I do not know how to fix my email. My computer does weird things and I see weird things. I have attached two files from the scan tool but I have copy/pasted my Malwarebytes scan because I cannot figure out to post it the same way these other logs worked. Guys, thank you very much for your time and effort helping me with this issue. 

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 8/21/21
Scan Time: 7:02 AM
Log File: ac850368-0277-11ec-8bf6-70b5e85677e9.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.4.4.126
Components Version: 1.0.1413
Update Package Version: 1.0.44256
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Scan Initiated By: Scheduler
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 285393
Threats Detected: 0
Threats Quarantined: 0
Time Elapsed: 3 min, 19 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

WMI: 0

(end)

Addition.txt FRST.txt

On the "pc at issue" that has a internet connection now.   right?

( and no, do not create another ticket.  that just adds to their flood.)

Did you happen to download and save the Malwarebytes Support tool ?   ( like they always advise)

If so, I believe there is a way to use the Support-tool to upload a reply and or report they request.

This link is to a HOW-TO video

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046808873-Video-Upload-logs-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool

My antivirus does not show anything when I scan either but I am seeing many of the same problems on this new computer that I saw on my old computer where the original problem started. Please forgive me I am not arguing with you I am just saying I think this person has been able to get deep inside things or something. Idk I admit to paranoia but I mean i see these things happening. Something is wrong somewhere I just do not know how to find it or idk. 

If you do not already have the Malwarebytes Support tool, you can download and save it.

Please be real sure to check out and study the link to the video.

This next article link has a link to get the support tool, plus, mentions how to upload to your SUPPORT Ticket

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025553-Upload-logs-to-your-ticket-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool

"Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool"

Please know that I have sent a message out to the support person who has your ticket.  Kindly have much patience as this is a weekend.

Also, this pc has Bitdefender, which is a fine antivirus.  You report that it reports no virus / no malware.

There is one antivirus tool that you may run.  Mind you, this is a one time type thing.

Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

[   2    ]

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. 

The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Look on Scan Options & select FULL scan.

Then start the scan. Have lots of patience. It may take several hours.

Let me know the result of this.    This is likely to run for many hours   ( depending on number of files on your machine & the speed of hardware.)

The log is named MSERT.log  

the log will be at  

C:\Windows\debug\msert.log

Please attach that log with your reply.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
corrected link to # 1 link

I am so sorry :( ok so I click your link posted above for how to show all hidden folders and it brings me to a different link 

where in this post I also see the same link as the one you posted for me above but there too it does the same thing and just reopens "Malware that opens shopping links . . . " 

I assume it should take me to Ten Forums? Idk what is happening I am so sorry 

I'm sorry last question for the time being I promise, I am gonna take a break from this actually for a lil bit so I swear last question--you say this is a one time only thing I can do I am just wondering if I should wait until I can be sure potentially hidden files or whatnot will be shown? I just do not want to waste this one shot at well whatever it is, do you get what I mean? 

Take a long break.  RELAX.  Slow down please.   The big point is not to panic / not to rush.

I only just meant to run the Microsoft Safety scanner.  Its ok to run it  even skipping tip # 1  to show all files.

Again, please relax.   Know that this here is not like being on a instant messenger app.  There has today been many exchanges back and forth.   many.

My sincere apologies.  I did have a bad embedded link to the Tenforums article about showing all files.  Here below is the good link

Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

My apologies.

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to Assitance about ticket # 3548312

Hello again and thank you in advance for help and for all help thus far, I am sorry about so many messages. I am still unable to upload my logs as the thing says it cannot find my ticket. 

So i just completed the Microsoft Safety Scanner. I want to mention that before hand I made sure the PC was set to not go to sleep. Some time into the scan I saw the screen go black so I moved the mouse and screen came back, but the scanner seemed frozen. I planned to give it an hour or so before I maybe asked what to do or retried running it but after about 20 mins frozen (over 1 million files scanned at that point with 20 infected files found) after about 20 mins frozen it popped up as finished. 

Microsoft Safety Scanner says it found bad stuff. When i view detailed results it only shows me one thing with not much info. I am purposefully adding spaces into this just in case--

VirTool : Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore 

--and it says it was removed. 

Idk what to even make of this, again i saw it say 20 infected files while it was still running. 

Thank you again for help Idk what to do but I am glad something was removed at least idk. 

I very much regret the glitches you run into.  However, please understand that all that counts from the Safety scanner is the bottom line result.

The one liner "Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore " is something quite commonly seen.  It is NOT a actual infection.  That does not count as a infection.

It is normally occuring when the computer has another name brand security program.   So, to this point, there is no infection determined by a actual security program.

For your benefit, I had been very much hoping that a Support staff person could manage to send you a direct email message to you.

@AdvancedSetup   This customer had or has a Support ticket.  Could you see if you can have someone in Support contact him ?

T I A

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you