Undeletable rar file

Haven't had to visit these forums in years thankfully, however recently i installed a questionable file- it's made by a creator that ive downloaded things from before with no problems however this one has me worried.

I can't open this file, delete this file, or move this file, it's only visible in quick access.

Malwarebytes and Windows Defender have found nothing.

proof.PNG

proof2.PNG

• Root Admin

I'm guessing that this is a recent file entry only.

Let me suggest the following and see if that helps

Click on Start / Search and type in CMD.EXE and when it shows on the menu right-click and select "Run as administrator" then copy / paste the following into the window and press the Enter key, or type it in.

ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F 

Then restart the computer and let the disk check run. Don't touch any keys during start up.

Then check and if the file entry is still there then there should be a right-click option to unpin it or remove it.

alright then, done all that,

no remove option but ive got the option to remove from quick access-

if thats the option/solution id hate to waste your time but if you can could you explain exactly what happened or what you think is going on with this file id be so grateful- can direct you to the page where it can be downloaded if you need

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you