VPN Service Error Error Code MB404104

XBarbarian
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Good morning,

MB Privacy suggested an update, yesterday 8/19, as it has periodically, since I began using it in jan 2021. Each previous update has been without issue.

Yesterday's update, now returns this error, when i try to initiate the VPN: "Please try restarting your computer. If the issue persists, contact support Error code MB404104"

I have successfully uninstalled both the client and the VPN tunnel driver, rebooted, and reinstalled. the error persists.

Going through various posts on this topic in this forum, I found JoeyBob's response to his thread

I followed his shared info, uninstalled everything, rebooted, then ran MBPrivacySetup.exe /usewintun from a  cmd prompt

this resolved the issue I was having. just the same, this info should be communicated to the bugs and fixes backlog team. who knows what the next update will do?

thanks

UPDATE: 5 MINS AFTER THIS POST. error returned. unable to connect.

Edited by XBarbarian
fix failed 5 mins later
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...