I did the dumb again

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

So, Last time I was here, I had an issue with my chrome having a virus and all that. Well this time, I did some real dumb and was like YEAH imma just go install metasploit so I can totally create a keystroke logger for my Virtual Machine. Why I needed this? I have no idea I just thought it would be neat to see how all that worked. WELL Here I am now, I have so many Threat issues on Windows Security (I wiped my pc 4 or 5 days ago just because and hadn't installed malwarebytes again until After the fact of installing meta-sploit) This caused Windows Security to crash every time I entered my protection history, AND I had real-time protection on it turned off at the time because I kinda knew Windows Security was going to go INSANE, But it reenabled itself and now has no detections when I run a scan, Which I did uninstall Metasploit with the uninstaller. 

• Root Admin
  • Solution

Hey, I appreciate you sending me those links, I already took care of it and Im actually using some of the Privacy tips you guys have on the forum right now. Encrypting my drive and all that good stuff, I really appreciate the help though!

• Root Admin

Using a backup program like Macrium Reflect or TrueImage to an image file on an external drive can allow you to recover your entire system within minutes so keep that in mind too. Good, solid backups are very important these days

Backup Software
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136226-backup-software

Take care

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you