Slow computer

Hi,

Recently my 64 bit windows 10 desktop has slowed considerably.

I wonder if you can help me.

Reading through some of the similar computer faults it looks as if you ask for the farbar files, I have enclosed these.

I have loaded and run your malwarebytes

software with no improvement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Addition_16-08-2021 23.22.07.txt FRST_16-08-2021 23.22.07.txt

Hi

Welcome :)

I'll be helping you with your computer.

Please read this post completely before beginning. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.

Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:

• Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Do note that the differences in time zones could present a problem as well. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
  • First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
  • Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
  • Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
  • If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
  • Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
  • If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
  • Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary. :)

Let's begin... :)

Download the enclosed file and save it in the same location FRST64 is saved. Open FRST64 as an Administrator and click on the Fix button.

When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Please attach the file in your next reply.

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now ...
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Files tab ...
  • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
  • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.

Fixlist.txt

Edited by JSntgRvr

AdwCleaner - Clean

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Please check all boxes and then click Quarantine
    • Click Next
    • If any pre-installed software was found on your machine, a prompt window will open ...
      • Click OK to close it
    • Check any pre-installed software items you want to remove (if they're not causing you a problem I recommend you don't select any)
    • Click Quarantine
  • A prompt to save your work will appear ...
    • Click Continue when you're ready to proceed.
  • A prompt to restart your computer will appear ...
    • Click Restart Now
  • Once your computer has restarted ...
    • If it doesn't open automatically, please start AdwCleaner ...
    • Click the Log Files tab ...
    • Double click on the latest Clean log (Clean logs have a [C0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the removal.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

How is the computer doing?

I believe you will be good. All seems clear, congratulations.

Use the following application to remove FRST and its quarantine:

Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.

• Click on KpRm.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

• Put a check mark next to these items:

- Delete tools
- Delete now

• Click the "Run" button.

automatic.png

• When the tool has finished, it will create and open a log report and  delete itself.

Delete the quarantine in Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Best regards. 🙂

Hi JSntgRvr,

I loaded and ran the kprm file without problem.

Your last line says  "Delete the quarantine in Malwarebytes Antimalware."

I couldn't find the quarantine so I went to the windows explorer and with

This PC > Local Disk

in the left box I tried to search for it in the right box with 'quarantine'

The computer just refused to search? I tried some other searches including looking for things I know are there but it looks as if it just fails to understand 'search'?

It stops at that point? I can do anything else in real time but it is not searching?

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

It looks as if it is back up to a good speed again, any idea what was slowing it so I can avoid it in future?

Do you have any tips on keeping the computer from slowing again?

thanks,

Bob.

Also if I do something out of the file explorer box like produce and send the last reply when I enter the file explorer box again it crashes with File Explorer (Not Responding) in the top left corner before it all goes gray?

Interesting.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool once again and save it to your desktop.

Download also the enclosed file and save it in the same location FRST64 is saved. Open FRST64 as an Administrator and click on the Fix button.

When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and saved in the same location the tool was ran from.

Fixlist.txt

Hi,

Do you mind if I have the audacity to update your grammar?

The line

20 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

would be better reading

will pop up and BE saved in the same location the tool was RUN from.

I have done what you asked.

Thanks,

Bob.

Fixlog.txt

Thank you!

Download the enclosed file and save it in the same location FRST64 is saved. Open FRST64 as an Administrator and click on the Fix button.

When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and be saved in the same location the tool was run from.

Another two zipped files will be produced on your desktop. Please try to have them attached in your reply. If too big, try any of the following file upload locations and post the associated links:

Microsoft OneDrive
Google Drive
Dropbox
DataFileHost
ExpireBox
SendSpace
WeTransfer

Fixlist.txt

Thanks fore your time JSntgRvr.

If we are now continuing because I have a problem with search, for some reason search has returned.

I found Anti-Malware in the Malware-bytes directory in program files but no quarantine file? maybe it has been removed?

Do you still want me to continue with your instructions?

Bob.

Hi JSntgRvr,

Sorry for the delay.

My computer seems to be faster but I keep getting periods when it stops for about 10 seconds and then carries on where it left off. I wonder if I was just experiencing the following problem and not a 'slow' computer?

If I am typing anything the typing stops for about 10 seconds and then catches up, if I try to open the windows explorer for instance, I will click on it on the task bar, get nothing so click again (the mouse still moves ok?)and still get nothing, after a few clicks I suddenly get five or six explorer windows open as if it is away doing something and continues when it returns?

I have enclosed the zipped files as you asked.

Thanks for you patience and help.

Bob.

27.08.2021_19.27.24.zip 27.08.2021_19.27.20.zip

All seems clear, congratulations.

Use the following application to remove FRST and its quarantine:

Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.

• Click on KpRm.exe to run the tool.

Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

• Put a check mark next to these items:

- Delete tools
- Delete now

• Click the "Run" button.

automatic.png

• When the tool has finished, it will create and open a log report and  delete itself.

Delete the quarantine in Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Best regards. 🙂

Hi JSntgRvr,

Thanks, I have done most of that.

Where are the quarantines? I can't see any in program files/Malwarebytes/Anti-Malware?

I am still suffering badly with the computer going off and doing its own thing?

It seems to be worst at the switch on as if it is still loading stuff in the background but not letting me know so.

This goes on for about 10 to 15 minutes.

I have tried to find where the info that says what is being loaded when you first switch on is located with a view to maybe stopping some things that I don't need but I can't find it?

Bob.

Restore or delete quarantined items in Malwarebytes for Windows

When Malwarebytes for Windows executes on-demand scans, scheduled scans, and Real-Time Protection events, some files may be categorized as threats. These files get removed from the disk location where they are quarantined and can no longer harm your device. There may be quarantined items that are not malicious which you want to keep.

To choose items you want to keep or remove, follow these instructions:

1. Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
  2. Click the Detection History card.
  3. In the Quarantined items tab, check the boxes of the items you want to restore or delete.
  4. Click the Restore or Delete button. Deleting the items permanently removes them from your device.

You are saying that the computer goes OFF by itself? Have you noticed if the Fan is working and it feels hot?

Hi JSntgRvr,

There are no items under the 'quarantined items, allow list or history tab in the detection history?

The fan is on and the computer is quite cool.

I am getting fed up of switching on.

When I switch on the wallpaper shows up with all my icons quite quickly, under a minute, I can then move the mouse and open up the task bar I have set as hidden but if I click on any icons the arrow has the small blue ring showing for a few seconds which disappears again and then nothing else happens.

If I sit and watch the screen, occasionally the arrow has the blue ring appear for a few second then disappear, this happens for about 10 minutes. I can move the mouse during this time and if I hover over the hidden task bar it appears but I can't load anything.

It looks as if the computer has gone 'off' (away somewhere) doing its own thing? Loading stuff I am unaware of?

If I try to click on another icon the same thing happens as above. After about 10 minutes all the items I have clicked on suddenly load as if it has finished doing what it is doing behind the scene and is now ready to carry out my mouse clicks?

I hope this makes sense?

I have four screens and a quadro nvs 510 running them. I hope this is not the problem?

Bob.

Lets remove some of the tasks that appears to be running the same file.

Download the enclosed file and save it in the same location FRST64 is saved. Open FRST64 as an Administrator and click on the Fix button.

When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) will pop up and be saved in the same location the tool was run from.

Fixlist.txt

Hi JSntgRvr,

I have done as you asked.

When it completed the task it said it needed to restart and to press ok.

I pressed OK and it restarted. It came up faster but then some programs failed to get through my firewall?

Some I refused but the one to access my cloud files I allowed.

It then tried to get me to sign into microsoft and change my explorer to edge and my search engine to bing which I refused.

I then got back to this page and clicked on reply at which point the computer crashed and restarted.

When it all loaded up again, about 30 seconds, I could load the chrome explorer which I always use a lot faster than before. There wasn't the usual 15 minute delay.

Bob.

Fixlist.txt

Sorry,

Here is the fixlog. I re did it just now.

Apart from Malwarebytes and a thing called superantispyware that I put on a while ago and wonder if it is doing anything other than taking time just after I switch on to load itself,  Yes I only have defender, I was told it was sufficient to protect windows 10.

Fixlog.txt

I have just had a look through the fixlog and I don't know much about it but I assume the fact that there are a lot of 'not found' is because when I first ran it the file did all the work and now rerunning it is pointless? I hope you can still use the info it provides.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, bob1954 said:

I have just had a look through the fixlog and I don't know much about it but I assume the fact that there are a lot of 'not found' is because when I first ran it the file did all the work and now rerunning it is pointless? I hope you can still use the info it provides.

Sorry.

Based on FRST, it does exist. But the fix, if ran twice, it wont find it. Any improvement?