Browser Guard for Safari??

M_S
Go to solution Solved by 1PW,

In March, when I asked about what AV should use I also was recommend to use MB Browser Guard extension on Chrome (my main Browser) and experts reffered also that it is not avaliable for Safari. Going on the App Store, in the area of extension for safari I saw the extension (image 1). I got curious and went to check the MB official site abou the extension and it says (still) "Only for Chrome, Firefox and Edge". Is this a legit or an impersonater. 

Sorry for any miss spells (english is not my primary language, as you can see in the images) and also sorry if this is the wrong section to insert the topic.

Best regards,

MS

PS: link for my original post:

image.png.60382bfc58f6a837b223bf166db96386.png 

image.thumb.png.e3fdf1df2770f44633fc6fc4d218f1f6.png

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have moved you post to the browser guard for safari section.

First of all thank you for this.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yes it is real, but it is different thanks to Apple restrictions.

So the version on the images is the legit one? I was just confused because I didn't see any refferences on MB website

6 minutes ago, M_S said:

I didn't see any refferences on MB website

It is new and going thru a few growing pains.

6 minutes ago, M_S said:

So the version on the images is the legit one?

Looks like the Apple add-on store to me so legit. I cant personally confirm as I do not use apple or safari.

Others that do will come along and answer.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It is new and going thru a few growing pains.

Looks like the Apple add-on store to me so legit. I cant personally confirm as I do not use apple or safari.

Others that do will come along and answer.

Thanks for the information, I'll just wait for someone to confirme (like you say, just to fill in that 2% doubt in my mind).

• Solution

Hello @M_S:

The Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Safari is official. Your Apple MacBook must have macOS Catalina 10.15 (or higher) with an updated Safari browser.

If so, have you read the announcement at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/277106-welcome-to-malwarebytes-browser-guard/ ?

When you do, its link will give you download access, from the official and legitimate Apple App Store, for version 1.0.0 of the public beta extension.

A working Portuguese translation will likely follow in later versions.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @M_S:

The Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Safari is official. Your Apple MacBook must have macOS Catalina 10.15 (or higher) with an updated Safari browser.

If so, have you read the announcement at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/277106-welcome-to-malwarebytes-browser-guard/ ?

When you do, its link will give you download access, from the official and legitimate Apple App Store, for version 1.0.0 of the public beta extension.

A working Portuguese translation will likely follow in later versions.

Thank you.

All correct how much you say

But, still today, on the Malwarebytes website on the extension page as well as in the pages of the support site only speaks for Firefox and Chromium Based Browser versions (also on the American site - Browser Guard - Blocks ads, scams, and trackers - At the top of the page above the link connects directly to the Chrome WebStore, also excluding Firefox, not only Safari))

Hello @MAXBAR1:

You can be certain when MBG for Mac's Safari emerges from this first public beta testing period, and any discovered deficiencies are resolved, history shows us the responsible Malwarebytes teams will update the web pages and documentation/support server.

Cheers