False Positive - MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%

nmcollector

Hello,

I am the developer of NM Collector Software (https://www.nmcollector.net/).  I have been developing and distributing variations of this software for over 20 years.  I am using the B4X development environment (https://www.b4x.com/) for my current product.  It is java based but does produce a .exe file for use on windows.  

A customer of mine reported an issue with the software generated by Malwarebytes.  The log file is attached.I searched the B4X forums to see if it is a known issue and I found this response:

"This has come up before. The packaged exe works by creating a new process (ie starting Java). This is seen as a possible threat by "AI" based antivirus/antimalware software. I had this problem with Malwarebytes. I reported this as a false positive and don't have the issue anymore."

Also attached is a zip file containing all deployment files for the release that the customer found a problem with.

Thank you for your help with this!

Clay

Malware.txt NMCollectorCP_Win.zip

I just received an update from my customer.  He said that when he runs the downloaded executable directly their is no longer a flag.  However, when he runs the installer and then tries to run the executable it is flagged.

Attached is his latest log and my installer.

Thanks

Malware Quarantined log.txtSetup NMCollectorCP.zip

Malware Quarantined log.txt