My software is detected as a virus

Nevermind

Hello,

I am a software developer working on a new project and some of my users are reporting that Malwarebytes is detecting my software as a virus. I've attached the binary and log files to this post.

I can provide the source code to the software if necessary, but essentially this little app facilitates communication with a local server and downloads software updates from github.

launcher.zip falsepositive.txt

• Staff

Its possible as a lot of malware is written in Autoit so heuristics are pretty agressive on it with Us and other av's out there. right now there are 20 other avs detecting this file. Some things i can recommend to limit this. 

Fill out the version information completely. Company name etc. 

Digitally sign the file if possible.

Let us know if a new version is detected and we can see what we can do. But doing above will help and also help us to better whitelist in the future to protect against new versions being detected. 

Shadowwar, thank you for the suggestions. I have filled out the version information completely, but unfortunately this project doesn't have the budget for digital code signing.

As this software is under active development, I'm releasing updated versions to my beta testers every few days. The latest version is also flagged in mbam.

AE-Launcher.zip mbam.txt