Question about a trojan detection on a website

RManny

Let me start this post by saying that I am pretty certain that I may not have posted the this information in the correct location in the Forums.  For that I am sorry, but I am certain that I could not quite identify where this belongs.  Thank you for your tolerance and guidance.

Now, on to the problem.

While attempting to follow up on post of genomic information on a website located in China, I recieved two notifications.  One was from Microsoft Explorer which indicated that the website 

"The connection for this site is not secure  

ngdc.cncb.ac.cn sent an invalid response."

The second alert came from Malwarebytes.  It indicated that the website was blocked due to a trojan.  

I am alarmed at this and am very curious as to what is going on.  The information is attached in a .txt file.  

Thank you,

Richard

Site blocked due to possible trojan.txt

• Staff
19 minutes ago, RManny said:

Let me start this post by saying that I am pretty certain that I may not have posted the this information in the correct location in the Forums.  For that I am sorry, but I am certain that I could not quite identify where this belongs.  Thank you for your tolerance and guidance.

Now, on to the problem.

While attempting to follow up on post of genomic information on a website located in China, I recieved two notifications.  One was from Microsoft Explorer which indicated that the website 

"The connection for this site is not secure  

ngdc.cncb.ac.cn sent an invalid response."

The second alert came from Malwarebytes.  It indicated that the website was blocked due to a trojan.  

I am alarmed at this and am very curious as to what is going on.  The information is attached in a .txt file.  

Thank you,

Richard

Site blocked due to possible trojan.txt 739 B · 0 downloads

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've disabled the block in our database. 

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.

• Like 1

• TeMerc locked this topic