Protection for Email client scripting abuse

hake

Does MBAE implicitly recognise such applications as Thunderbird as email clients?  I classify Thunderbird as 'Browser' in its user defined shield and so assume that scripts are already monitored.  Is scripting abuse different in email clients compared with web browsers?

Edited by hake

1 hour ago, pbust said:

Yes, MBAE internally recognizes a dozen or so email clients and applies different application hardening logic (although similar) than the browser family. No need to create custom shield for email clients.

what about other PDF-Tools, like PDF24 - are they protected as well, even if they are not in the list with protected applications?

Thanks Pedro.  That is just what I wanted to read.

Does the presence of a custom email shield, e.g. for Thunderbird, override the new shield for email clients?  I have left the Thunderbird custom shield in place until I am certain of Thunderbird's status in MBAE since I cannot find a list of email clients catered for by MBAE 1.13.1.400.

Edited by hake