How to remove *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE*

*REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* I am a paid subscriber *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* that uses MALWAREBYTES on my *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* computers & phone. *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* There is a perpetual notification *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* on my phone telling me that *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE*. It is *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* annoying and not in any way *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* useful. How do I turn it *REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE* off? Thank you.

Nathan, thanks for the reply, and what you suggest certainly got rid of the notification, but doesn't it also turn off the service? It seems the same as uninstalling the app. I didn't want to inactivate real time protection, just get rid of the 24/7 notification that REAL TIME PROTECTION IS ACTIVE. I see this just as a never-ending ad for MalwareBytes and it annoys me. If I am going to turn off REAL TIME PROTECTION to get rid of the notification, I may as well just uninstall the app and get rid of the notification permanently, which is looking like my best solution.

Hi @Metron,

I agree that the notification is annoying, but it's a requirement by Google to be there.  Starting with Android O, Google required all apps to be more transparent to users and display a notification for background processes.  Therefore, our real-time protection must have a notification by default in order to run in the background.  However, there might be a work around to keep real-time protection on, but not show the notification.

1. Go to settings ---> apps and find/click Malwarebytes in the App info list
  2. Go to Notificaions
    1. Toggle no Real Time Protections

Nathan