Malwarebytes Native Message Service using up all RAM

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

You might have actually taken care of it, need the logs to verify.

Well, I got to bed before 3, but not by much! I hope you had a good night's sleep.

As promised, here are my logs for your expert perusal. I couldn't even open the logs until I finally got the memory issue resolved.  But today, I can't find any reference to Bitdefender. But of course, I don't know what to look for or where.

I ended up running 3 Bitdefender removal programs,  Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool, Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool, and from 2015, The_New_Bitdefender_UninstallTool.

please let me know if by Bitdefender bits ( :) ) and pieces are gone. 

thanks again.

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Solution

This is for Jimmie only !

Hello @Jimmie

My name is Maurice. Porthos has advised me you need specific assistance.  This here is to help you remove one BitDefender driver that is still on your system.

Please do not be using other apps or web browsers during this next procedure. Only use web browser for purpose to get to this forum.

[    1    ]

As a next basic step, Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

[    2    ]

We will use FRSTENGLISH.exe  on Downloads folderr to run a custom script.    The system will be rebooted after the script has run.

This custom script is for  JIMMIE  only / for this machine only.

This custom script is intended to remove 1 BitDefender driver.

NOTE-1:  This script will  run a scan using System File Checker to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. 

Please be sure to Close any open work files, documents,  any apps you started yourself  before starting this.

If there are any CD / DVD / or USB-flash-thumb or USB-storage drives attached,  please disconnect any of those.

Please save the (attached file named) FIXLIST.txt   to the  C drive user Download  folder   

Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the Downloads   folder.

RIGHT click on  FRSTENGLISH.exe    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.
  to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

• IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......

click line More info information on that screen
and click button Run anyway on next screen.

• on the FRST window:

Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

You will see a green progress bar start. This run here should be fairly quick.

• If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity   

After the system has restarted & Windows has settled back in, please advise as to the original issue.

Cheers.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity

when I ran the frstenglish tool, there was an additional checkbox called 'one month' under whitelist, that was already checked, but the box wasn't on your instructional picture. I took a chance and left it on.

immediately my encrypt.me VPN software started complaining about loss of contact with its servers. but I wasn't running the VPN, I'm on a trusted WIFI. I hope that's OK.

it looks like Power2GoExpress11 was removed or something.  Is that program an issue with malwarebytes?

do you want to see my C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log ?

the original runaway memory use issue seemed to go away after installing version 4.4.4 and then removing and re-installing the web extensions, then rebooting twice.

Porthos told me that I had remnants of Bitdefender, and I ran a few of their un-installers, and I wondered if the remnants were gone. Hence I was referred to you.

everything looks good to me, but I never noticed bitdefender remnants in the first place. Unless they helped cause my BSD when I had the memory issue.

thanks so very much for your  help and advice.

Fixlog.txt

Hello Jimmie.  Good morning.

The BitDefender driver bddci.sys is removed.  That is the major goal of the exercise.

The Windows System File Checker made a correction on some system files.  

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

Power2GoExpress11 you can start manually as long as the program is still installed.  It's only the entry for its auto-start that was removed.  Not the program itself.

I am glad to read that things look good.  If there is nothing else you need, I will move this topic back to the regualr MB for Windows.

Cheers.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I am glad to read that things look good.

thanks to Maurice and to Porthos for so much help on this issue.  thanks to the Malwarebytes community for your interest. thanks to Malwarebytes for supporting this community.

Hi Jimmie.  You are welcome.

To remove the FRST tool & its work files, do this. Go to your Downloads folder. Do a RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH.exe & select RENAME & then change it to

UNINSTALL.exe

Then run that ( double click on it) to begin the cleanup process.

Tell me, Are you needing other help?