Trojan crypt XPACK gen7

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

Web companion was listed as a cautionary note by SecurityCheck tool.   Web Companion shows in FRST reports as an installed program on Windows.  You can use Windows' Programs and Features to remove.

1. Press & hold  the Windows key on keyboard & then tap the R key   to open the Run box-windoww.
2. Type 

appwiz.cpl 

and tap Enter.
The Programs and Features window will appear.

Locate "Web companion "       Version: 4.6.1974.3869 on the list.   Click the line once with your mouse pointer.

Now do a RIGHT-click on it  and then select Uninstall.    and follow thru to have it uninstalled.

When done, close the window for Programs and Features.

H T H    Let me know if you need other help.  I will guide you on cleaning up the tools we used.   :cool:

alright. The web companion is a component from Adaware antivirus ( Lavasoft).  Get and save,  then run the Adaware removal tool.  Read and follow their guide

https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

After that has been done, I would suggest to do one Windows Restart.

I am glad to have worked with you.

We can proceed with cleanup of tools we used.

To remove the FRST64 tool & its work files, do this. Go to your Downloads folder. Do a RIGHT-click on FRST64.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.exe.
Then run that ( double click on it) to begin the cleanup process.

Delete esetonlinescanner.exe
Delete msert.exe
Delete Securitycheck.exe
Delete the adaware download file.

Any other download file I had you download, you may delete. I wish you all the best. Stay safe.

Sincerely.

Maurice

• Thanks 1

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you