Strange Files in My Recycle Bin

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

I was doing a routine recycle bin trash delete and a msg popped up for nine objects that needed Admin permission to delete.  I left them there pending further investigation.  I have no idea where these files came from and if there is a way to scan my Recycle Bin - I don't know it. 

These are them.  I think I missed one.

DismCorePS.dll
DismHost.dll
FolderProvider.dll
GenericProvider.dll
IntlProvider.dll
LogProvider.dll
UnattendProvider.dll
en-US file

OOPS!!! I just remembered that installed an old program (Corel Video X7 - from 2012) and I needed to install some Windows Framework files to install the program - and then decided not to use this program and uninstalled it.  Perhaps this is the source?

What should I do?

Windows 10 64-bit, MalwareBytes Pro.

• Root Admin

Hello @GTR_RO :welcome:

Let us get some logs please

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

I was just looking through the log and found Arvato in the list.  I looked them up and they are a debt collection agency (I think) and I have no idea how this was installed on my computer!

• Root Admin

This comes with your CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019 software for licensing

(Arvato Digital Services Canada Inc -> arvato digital services llc) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe

Go ahead and empty the recycle bin. If it asks for admin rights click OK and let it remove the items from the recycle bin. I don't see anything in the logs to show any type of infection really but we can run a scan to check.

Please open Malwarebytes and run a Threat Scan and post back the log

Thank you @GTR_RO

Scan was clean. 

I realized that after I posted here that just two weeks prior I had installed some old software, CorelDraw Video which I think is about 9 yrs old.  In order to install it I had to also install some Microsoft Frame software.  I decided not to use the software and deleted it and I bet that's how those dll's showed up in the recycle bin, though this is the first time I recall uninstalling software that wound up in the recycle bin.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you