Malwarebytes for Mac 4.12 beta

• Staff

Today, we have released a beta of Malwarebytes for Mac 4.12. This version adds support for macOS Monterey. It's important to be aware, though, that issues can appear between beta versions of macOS and the final release. Although we don't anticipate any issues, we can't guarantee that nothing new will come up. We would definitely appreciate help testing with each Monterey beta.

You can update to the beta within the app, with the Beta Application Updates feature turned on, or you can download the installer directly from here:

http://cdn.mwbsys.com/packages/mmac.installer.consumer/c/9/e/3/c9e3dbf156f827d5264e30782de6cba8/823568be-2720-45ba-ad49-6eaa497780a1.pkg

Please reply here with any comments, questions, and problem reports!

• Like 1

Installed 2 hours ago on Monterey 1^ Public Beta  on MacBook Air M1 - 16GB Unified Memory - 256 SSD

• Performed Manual Scan
  • Tested restart of the Mac
  • Performed Manual Scan
  • Set, ad hoc, scheduled scan to take a test

No problem encountered

Improvements I found

• solved problem reported in the past that caused a long scan 10 times the time in the event were present 1 or more extensions in Firefox: no longer occurs, the times are the same is that Firefox is not installed, and that is installed and either installed with Malwarebytes Browser Guard (other extensions I do not use them if not rarely) Scan times that rise with Malwarebytes Browser Guard for Firefox (This however I can't say if it has already been solved first because since then I never had firefox installed if not sporadically and I no longer used the extension - use only safari and firefox I use it only for those sites that do not accept the Mac and in Italy are several))

Good job

Thanks to @treed and to all the staff of the developers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new look decompressed Detection History shows my MBP11,3 running macOS Big Sur 11.4 (20F71) had Malwarebytes for Mac 4.12.7.4365 BETA automatically installed over-the-top of v4.11.11.4317 at 03:34 A.M. U.S. PDT this morning. The following default scheduled scan took place at 09:00 A.M., as usual, and completed in about sixteen (16) minutes which is quite acceptable but a bit slower than recent scheduled scans. No system restarts and all seems well.

My MBP11,3 has just become too old this year and won't be eligible for macOS Monterey. Eight years was a good run though and I've tried phoning Santa Claus for something with a M1, M1X, or M2 processor. But he's not taking my calls again this year. Perhaps the Easter Bunny...

@treed - please pass my sincere thanks to staffers/devs for the beta.

• Thanks 1

I only noticed it today, and I can't tell if it is a bug or both due to a huge improvement of the scanning engine

In my Mac the scan normally lasted from 3 to 5 seconds

With the new Beta he cannot even reach a second. The scanned file number is normal but time marks 0 seconds to the end

• Staff

Keep in mind that with the improved scan caching in version 4.10, it's now possible for scan times to fluctuate significantly. If there has been a database update, or a Malwarebytes software update, or lots of file changes on your hard drive, a scan may take longer. Once the new data is cached, though, subsequent scans can be VERY fast, in some cases faster by an order of magnitude.

• Like 1