MixItUp Uninstaller Exe

Tarqueth

After the lastest update to 4.4.2 MB has detected the MixItUp.Uninstaller.Exe as Malware by the (new?) Malware.AI
Reading through MixItUp discord it looks like Windows defender has also hit this same file and reports have already been submitted with MS to have it removed from their definitions.

Saved the results and including the txt file

MB Scan 07112021.txt

• Staff

Oof! That's a bug. :( I'm the dev on the Mix It Up Uninstaller (code here - mixer-mixitup/MixItUp.Uninstaller at master · SaviorXTanren/mixer-mixitup (github.com)) and I clearly didn't think of that use case.  I just assumed (incorrectly) it would always be run from the install location.  I am have a fix now that we'll get into the next release that will only run if it is in the default install location (%LocalAppData%\MixItUp) or the temp folder that we copy to so we can self delete.

Ooof, I hope no one else ran into that problem. 🤦‍♂️

• Staff

That may be why all the other avs detected it also. Let me know when the release is out and if the released version is still detected. 

Also its bad practice to run from localappdata. Most programs are expected to be run from programfiles.

Edited by shadowwar