Trojan.BitcoinMiner.BITSRST

Go to solution Solved by notsoki,

Hello, .

Today I did a malwarebytes scan and found out that I have a bitcoinminer trojan, the trojan got deleted by malwarebytes but in some way the trojan came back and got deleted by malwarebytes again. This happened from  3 or 4 times and keeps continuing. Can anyone help me remove the trojan and make sure its gone forever thanks. I also used Farbar recovery tool and this is the results I dont know what any of this mean by the way...

Capture.PNG

FRST.txt Addition.txt

Hello :welcome:

My name is Maurice. I will guide you,  Please always attach files / reports as we go along.

I need a fuller set of reports for review so that I can review & guide you.

Please download  Malwarebytes' MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced > Gather Logs

Upload an archive once it is done. Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop.

• Please attach  mbst-grab-results.zip    to your reply , like displayed here.
  • To send  ( upload)   attachments please click the link as shown below. Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg

• Thanks 1

These are the next steps   ( after you are done with those above).   There is a indicator that there is remains of the bitcoiminer pest.

[    1    ]

As a next basic step, Please  set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.  Use OPTION ONE or TWO of this article

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7078-turn-off-show-all-folders-windows-10-navigation-pane.html

[    2    ]

The script Fixlist.txt  needs to be saved to the same folder that contains FRST64.exe   /  it is on Downloads

Please save the (attached file named) FIXLIST.txt   to the   DOWNLOADS folder

The custom script on this post is ONLY for this machine and NO other.   

• Please be sure to Close any open work files, documents,  any apps you started yourself  before starting this.

• If there are any CD / DVD / or USB-flash-thumb or USB-storage drives attached,  please disconnect any of those.

The system will be rebooted after the script has run.

• Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the   Downloads folder.
  • RIGHT click on  FRST64.exe   and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run the tool. 
  • If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
  • IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

• IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......

click line More info information on that screen

and click button Run anyway on next screen.

• on the FRST window:

Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. 

If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

The tool will complete its run after restart.

When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity.

Later on, I will guide you to run some other tools to check for "infections / malware".

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Thanks 1

Is the reset all completed ?   Do you need other help ?

Let me suggest that you get your browsers each, as applicable, to have the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.  ( free / no charge )

See Support article how-to

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038520374-Install-Malwarebytes-Browser-Guard

Note: If your pc has Opera or Brave or Vivaldi browser, you can install the Chrome version of the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

The Windows 10 EDGE browser can have the same as the one for Chrome.

If you do not have Malwarebytes for Windows Premium, you ought to consider getting the Premium, which has multiple protections in real-time.

• Thanks 1

Let me suggest you run a Scan with Malwarebytes for Windows.   Then post the report after completion.

locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.

See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Thanks.

I would like for you to check with Microsoft Windows Update & do a Check for Updates.

select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security   > Windows Update > Check for Update .

[   2   ]

I would recommend getting a readout report as to update status of some key apps.

Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe

and save the tool on the desktop.

• If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then

Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.

This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.

• Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.

You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you