Android/trojan/Boogr.gsh. is on my Android Tv stick

Hi @rpeachtree,

Android/Trojan.Boogr.gsh is a generic detection of anything that uses a specific packer.  Packers are used to obfuscate malware code within an app.  Is it possible to send an Apps Report?

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1. Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon.
  3. Tap Your apps.
  4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.
  5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included.

At this point, it would be very helpful to mention you are submitting via recommendation from the Malwarebytes forum.  This allows our support staff to know where to direct it.

By sending the Apps Report, you will create a ticket in our support system.

Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Nathan

I have a few problems, first you might not want to help, its a X96S android tv stick, and it has a custom ROM install on it called "SlimBox" 

Then I did everything you say and there is nothing on this box yet to send you the apps reports. I have photos of the screen if that helps

So any ideas of how I can send the apps report? Thank you

20210704_140721.thumb.jpg.6e712a0771b1ee71bb9448fd2dc8e3cf.jpg

Nathan...Here is what I done so far, in a panic I deleted the SlimBox rom...I done a factory reset on it, and then installed the latest standard Rom that is used on the X96S Tv Stick and ran Malwarebytes again and the same 5 items appeared on the stick, its embedded into the stick now and little scary of course I stopped using it and really concerned if any information was stolen from me on this device.

this is the SD card with the standard Rom and it said three files are to big to upload. I dont know if this will work for you let me know....

compatibility.zip

Nathan thanks for your help looking into this.....So i talked with a guy who knows a lot about TV box's and TV sticks....those are APKs that are no longer used and the developer didn't remove them when he did an update to the rom, so I went into Es File Explorer and found those and removed them all. I ran Malwarebytes again and its clean, and ran a anti virus and it comes up clean.

I freaked out a little before I knew anything about what was going on. Thanks again....BTY I love Malwarebytes have had it for many years now, I say its the best.

• Like 1