Windows notification sound, failed update and unusual window after clicking

Posted (edited)

@AdvancedSetup

Thank You! So till the format I can use the computer without worries (logging to programs, games etc.) and then after the format everything should be good?

The options I wanted to ask about are in screenshots. I can translate it if it's necessary. Should I set them the same (if they are not automatically) after the format? 

About the drivers: when I was doing the clean installation a month ago (I made topic on this forum as well) it downloaded every drivers automatically (and the one driver that didn't install was sent by You in the other topic and Nvidia as I was recommended to use nvidia cleaner and install their programs/drivers manually). So I shouldn't need any backups of drivers, right? 

I will write when the format is done or when there are other imporant questions then.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by Manaphy0220

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

You will need the drivers that Windows cannot find. In most cases Windows 10 will find the majority of drivers on it's own and install them.

Last time it found all except the one You sent later. 

What about the other question? I have one more: Can I use the same pendrive with Windows that I used before? I've added one screenshot to the previous post.

Edited by Manaphy0220

18 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, as long as you allow it to format the drive and put the NEW current installer on it.

Again, just follow the article and you'll be 

@AdvancedSetup

I chose option to make a media creation tool (not the ISO file) with the pendrive. Should I remove everythig from it and download the tool from the Microsoft site again? Do I understand it correctly? Or can I just use the pendrive without changing anything?

6 minutes ago, Manaphy0220 said:

I chose option to make a media creation tool (not the ISO file) with the pendrive.

If you created it after late May of this year then use it. If you made it before then make a new one.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If you created it after late May of this year then use it. If you made it before then make a new one.

I don't really remember. I'd better do a new one. Won't there be any problem if I just open the pendrive and delete everything from it and then use that pendrive again to make a creation tool? Can I do the process on my PC even if there are some problems? There shouldn't be any malware on the pc.

Edited by Manaphy0220

Just now, Manaphy0220 said:

Won't there be any problem if I just open the pendrive and delete everything from it and then use that pendrive again to make a creation tool?

No, actually the tool will format it for you.

1 minute ago, Manaphy0220 said:

I can do the process on my PC even if there are some problems? There shouldn't be any malware on the pc.

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No, actually the tool will format it for you.

Yes.

So I can choose the pendrive with the old tool and the windows tool will format it before putting a new Windows installator on it? No need for deleting anything manually?

Just now, Manaphy0220 said:

So I can choose the pendrive with the old tool and the windows tool will format it before putting a new Windows installator on it? No need for deleting anything manually?

Yes. It will warn you about the overwrite/format. Just agree.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@AdvancedSetup

Sorry it took so long. I decided to try a repair install before clean installation and it seems like it worked. Windows updated itself and right now it shows that there are no new updates. To install one update I had to click on "Install" which I found weird because usually everything installs automatically after it downloads. But either way seems like there is no more problems with updates. Also: after the repair install I didn't have to turn on the protection as it was already turned on after the installation.

Does it look like everything is good now? Should I do something more (logs, setupdiag etc.)? Or maybe a clean installation? I'd also like to ask about one thing: In services there are 2 services connected to Windows Defender. One isn't turned on. Should I change it? The one that is turned off means "Advanced protection from threats in Windows Defender service".

serv.png

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

A repair install is not going to remove embedded issues. Why we recommended a CLEAN install of Windows.

Please post back new FRST logs though and we'll take a look

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

So there is no malware, thanks. Are there any more Windows problems?

What about the service of advanced protection I mentioned earlier? Could You take a look at it? Also sometimes a few seconds after the PC is launched there is a pop-up notification saying "Turn on windows security center" but it disappears after a seconds or two. Windows Security shows that everything is turned on and the pc is protected. Do you maybe know why is this happening?

• Root Admin

It takes some time for the security center to fully initialize you're probably just logging in faster than it's ready so you see that message.

Click on Start / Search and type in PowerShell when it shows on the menu right-click and select "Run as administrator"

Then copy / paste the following and press the Enter key and post back the results.

Get-MpComputerStatus

20 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

It takes some time for the security center to fully initialize you're probably just logging in faster than it's ready so you see that message.

Click on Start / Search and type in PowerShell when it shows on the menu right-click and select "Run as administrator"

Then copy / paste the following and press the Enter key and post back the results.

Get-MpComputerStatus

There was some delay at displaying information when first launched (the window was blank at first) but when everything appeared I pasted the command.

PS.png

• Root Admin

Let me get a fresh set of FRST logs from the Farbar tool (I closed your other topic)

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you