Windows notification sound, failed update and unusual window after clicking

I'm attaching a fixlog. I did it without turning off the AV. The repair in FRST took some time and then pc restarted (after asking) and checked the disc. Disc checking was wery fast- it took a few seconds (checking and repairing disc (c) and then it ended). I'm not logged off from websites on my browser. How does it look?

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Excellent, thanks for the log @Manaphy0220 as @Maurice Naggar said it looks good.

Let's go ahead and check a few more things. Please run the following for me.

It is safe to run just like FRST so please ignore if Windows or Antivirus complain about it.

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Thanks

40 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Excellent, thanks for the log @Manaphy0220 as @Maurice Naggar said it looks good.

Let's go ahead and check a few more things. Please run the following for me.

It is safe to run just like FRST so please ignore if Windows or Antivirus complain about it.

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here  https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's  SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"   and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

Thanks

Is it necessary? My browser blocked it because: "this file may be dangerous" and I'm a bit worried now. Meanwhile I will try to install that Windows Update.

• Root Admin

Again, many of these tools are considered dangerous because  they're not signed. Thousands of users use them every month without an issue.

It's your computer and  your data. We cannot force you to run anything you don't want to run. If you like I can close your topic but if you come back infected next month because you didn't allow us to help you then it's on you.

Please let me know and I can go ahead and close you topic if you like.

Thank you

21 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Again, many of these tools are considered dangerous because  they're not signed. Thousands of users use them every month without an issue.

It's your computer and  your data. We cannot force you to run anything you don't want to run. If you like I can close your topic but if you come back infected next month because you didn't allow us to help you then it's on you.

Please let me know and I can go ahead and close you topic if you like.

Thank you

If it really is that important and the program is safe then I guess I will do it, especially if You recommend it.

I tried to install that update but again "The installation could not be completed. Reversing changes". But this time after pc rebooted and I wanted to turn it off there was an option: "Install the update and turn the pc off" in the shut down menu (the one with turning the pc off or rebooting). I chose it and then it said that it was gonna reboot but it actually turned off as it was supposed to. I have no idea if the update was installed or not (sorry if names of options are actually different from those I use as I don't have an English language set in Windows and so I translate the names on my own).

I will check the update status and use the securitycheck tomorrow as it is already late and a thunderstorm is coming. 

Posted (edited)

@AdvancedSetup I downloaded it after a fight with SmartScreen and Defender. After downloading Windows sent a notification about PUA:Win32/RelevantKnowledge. I launched the program (again after a fight with defender) and it made a file that is in the attachments. I launched the program without clicking "Run as Administrator" (forgot about it) but it still worked. Should I do it again? And what do do about the SecurityCheck and notification in Windows Defender about that PUA:Win32?

Edit: I clicked something in hope it will show me available options what to do about that PUA:Win32 but it actually blocked it and the notification disappeared (it is now in the protection history). Screenshot is also in the attachments. What should I do? Should I delete SecurityCheck from the Download folder? What was blocked by the Defender if the application is still in the download folder?

Edit 2: I launched MB to do a quick scan (just in case) and after a few minutes there was a notification about an error with MB and the application restarted. After the restart I started another scan and this time it worked. The scan didn't find anything. Is everything okay?

SecurityCheck.txt

Bez tytułu.png

Edited by Manaphy0220
Adding information

Posted (edited)

I've refreshed Discord and they say it should update itself if there is an update but nothing happened. Should I uninstall the app and install again? There is a number Host: 1.0.9002 in my Discord app.

What about that Windows Defender detection? Should I worry about it or do something? What about SecurityCheck app? Can I uninstall it? How? Will deleting it from the download folder be enough?

The number of Windows update is: KB5003690

Should I just download the update from the link from the post above? If that's the case then what to do next?

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin
Posted (edited)

Yes, go ahead and remove Security Check. No longer needed.

The KB5003690 requires that you have the KB5003173 installed first.

Please download and run the following installer. If it's already been installed it will tell you so. Let me know what message or error it gives.

2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003173)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2021/05/windows10.0-kb5003173-x64_4e3b4345ad6e3bf44183d6f25879a0c5ca1b7ef9.msu

Once the one above has been installed and the computer has been restarted, then download and run this update. This is a 586MB file so it's best to download it before running it.

2021-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003690)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2021/06/windows10.0-kb5003690-x64_2cea2ee2c8a08db783ab7f97b9cb711f2b62e4bb.msu

Again, if you get any message saying it cannot run or it's the wrong version, or an error message please get a screen shot and note the message and/or error for me.

Thanks

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, go ahead and remove Security Check. No longer needed.

The KB5003690 requires that you have the KB5003173 installed first.

Please download and run the following installer. If it's already been installed it will tell you so. Let me know what message or error it gives.

2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003173)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2021/05/windows10.0-kb5003173-x64_4e3b4345ad6e3bf44183d6f25879a0c5ca1b7ef9.msu

Once the one above has been installed and the computer has been restarted, then download and run this update. This is a 586MB file so it's best to download it before running it.

2021-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5003690)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2021/06/windows10.0-kb5003690-x64_2cea2ee2c8a08db783ab7f97b9cb711f2b62e4bb.msu

Again, if you get any message saying it cannot run or it's the wrong version, or an error message please get a screen shot and note the message and/or error for me.

Thanks

Thank You, I will try to instal the updates now. I don't understand this part: "Once the one above has been installed and the computer has been restarted, then download and run this update. This is a 586MB file so it's best to download it before running it." Can't I download both of them before installing the first one?

About that Defender detecting: was that a false alarm? Should I be worried about it or just forget it? Same goes for that Malwarebytes error. Do I have to do anything else to make sure everything is okay?

And as I asked earlier: what exactly was blocked if the app was still in the download folder? I removed the SecurityCheck from the download folder and deleted the folder it created in "This Computer". Does it mean that I've removed it completely?

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

Yes, you can download both at the same time and save them to your computer.

Just ignore Windows Defender for now. It's part of the installer that the tool uses, some antivirus products don't like the tool as a few years ago it was used by a lot of scammers. It is safe. We'll rescan your computer again before we're done to make sure nothing bad is on the system.

For now just go ahead and save those files and then run them

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, you can download both at the same time and save them to your computer.

Just ignore Windows Defender for now. It's part of the installer that the tool uses, some antivirus products don't like the tool as a few years ago it was used by a lot of scammers. It is safe. We'll rescan your computer again before we're done to make sure nothing bad is on the system.

For now just go ahead and save those files and then run them

@AdvancedSetup

I tried installing the first one and this appeared. It says that there is no use of this update. I don't know if this is the case but I've been installing every update there was so it is probably already installed.

Bez tytułu.png

Edited by Manaphy0220

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

What I thought already, that update is already installed. Now go run the other one and let us know what it says or does. @Manaphy0220

I tried installing the second one and the result is exactly the same as when I tried it via Windows Update. After the installation it says that the PC needs to be rebooted and during the reebot there is an information saying: preparing and then "Installation couldn't be completed. Undoing changes. Don't turn off the PC". Then it reboots and the same screen appears. After a while the screen with choosing account and login appears. I tried it twice (the second time after unplugging every USB device other than mouse - a friend's advice) but it didn't work either.

What surprised me: after starting the installation the window with the progress bar appeared so I went away for a while and when I came back the screen was black and I had to move the mouse to revert it (I don't think it happened before but maybe it happened because nothing was launched on the PC? Or because the keyboard was unplugged?) It isn't a reason to worry, is it? Edit: I unplugged it once again for a test and with the keyboard and the pad unplugged the screen turns black after a while of inactivity but when they are connected then the screen doesn't turn black. Is this normal?

What should I do now? Should I ask microsoft support for help? Or is this not necessary?

Edited by Manaphy0220

@AdvancedSetup Thank You for the answer. I'm sending new logs. What about the other question (blackscreen)? I tried installing ESET Online Scanner to scan the PC from time to time (hoping that 3 scanenrs would be better than 2) and it's still "swimming" while moving it's window on the desktop. Could You check if there is everything good with it as well? There are no signs of any malware in the logs, right?

FRST.txt Addition.txt Shortcut.txt

• Root Admin

Microsoft SetupDiag

Download SetupDiag:  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=870142

If your web browser asks what to do with the file, choose Save. By default, the file will be saved to your Downloads folder. You can also save it to a different location if desired by using Save As.

When SetupDiag has finished downloading, open the folder where you downloaded the file. By default, this folder is the Downloads folder, which is displayed in File Explorer under Quick access in the left navigation pane.

I would suggest you make a New folder on your C: drive such as: SetupDiag
Then move the file you downloaded (SetupDiag.exe )to that new folder

Example:

C:\SetupDiag>dir
 Volume in drive C is OS

Directory of C:\SetupDiag

07/01/2021  11:15 AM    <DIR>          .
07/01/2021  11:15 AM    <DIR>          ..
07/01/2021  11:02 AM           676,768 SetupDiag.exe
               1 File(s)        676,768 bytes

Double-click the SetupDiag file to run it. Click Yes if you are asked to approve running the program.

A command window will open while SetupDiag diagnoses your computer. Wait for this process to finish.
When SetupDiag finishes, two files will be created in the same folder where you double-clicked SetupDiag. One is a configuration file, the other is a log file.

Please attach the file: SetupDiagResults.log  to your next reply so that I can review it

Thanks