Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control - Anyone tried it?

55 minutes ago, RickyO said:

Would like to try it, but would prefer knowledge of experiences prior to trying.

I personally do not see the need. But FYI, if you have issues Binisoft does all support for it and not on these forums.

I've been using since before it became part of Malwarebytes and it's awesome.  Couldn't ask for a better piece of software.  Nicely designed, non-invasive and the developer is very responsive to questions.  @Porthos as far as "the need" it's to allow you to control outbound connections in the firewall and be notified, which normal windows firewall lacks badly.  This software just adds that extra control over the existing windows firewall instead of having to install an entirely new firewall software.  Windows firewall is very good as far as protection, just lacks certain basics.  I use it constantly so there is definitely "a need".  Biggest need number one is to control the biggest piece of spyware on your computer... WINDOWS.  Secondly, if you have inadvertently installed a piece of malware on your computer, it may do damage locally, but firstly you'll be aware of it maybe a bit sooner because you'll get notifications that something is trying to connect outbound and it will be blocked.  Secondly that it will not allow a connection to home base to try and download additional components or send your information to God knows who.  Thirdly, it adds little things like context menu items where you can just click on a file and allow or block as opposed to having to open up windows firewall and adding manual entries.  Fourthly, allows you to set profiles on the fly with a click in the system tray and finally allows you to review all connection attempts, inbound and outbound.  It's good and I recommend to anyone just running windows firewall.  I also recommend it to anyone that has installed a different firewall and are scratching their heads trying to figure out why is this so complex.

Edited by dprout69
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @RickyO:

As far as public forums go, users and the Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control developer seem to have found a popular home at the Wilders Security Windows Firewall Control (WFC) by BiniSoft.org sub-forum.

HTH

Thank You!  It's nice having someone offer a civil and helpful response rather than being blown off.  Sincerely appreciated!

1 hour ago, dprout69 said:

I've been using since before it became part of Malwarebytes and it's awesome.  Couldn't ask for a better piece of software.  Nicely designed, non-invasive and the developer is very responsive to questions.  @Porthos as far as "the need" it's to allow you to control outbound connections in the firewall and be notified, which normal windows firewall lacks badly.  This software just adds that extra control over the existing windows firewall instead of having to install an entirely new firewall software.  Windows firewall is very good as far as protection, just lacks certain basics.  I use it constantly so there is definitely "a need".  Biggest need number one is to control the biggest piece of spyware on your computer... WINDOWS.  Secondly, if you have inadvertently installed a piece of malware on your computer, it may do damage locally, but firstly you'll be aware of it maybe a bit sooner because you'll get notifications that something is trying to connect outbound and it will be blocked.  Secondly that it will not allow a connection to home base to try and download additional components or send your information to God knows who.  Thirdly, it adds little things like context menu items where you can just click on a file and allow or block as opposed to having to open up windows firewall and adding manual entries.  Fourthly, allows you to set profiles on the fly with a click in the system tray and finally allows you to review all connection attempts, inbound and outbound.  It's good and I recommend to anyone just running windows firewall.  I also recommend it to anyone that has installed a different firewall and are scratching their heads trying to figure out why is this so complex.

Thank You!  It's nice having someone offer a civil and helpful response rather than being blown off.  Sincerely appreciated!

4 hours ago, RickyO said:

All I wanted to convey is all support is handled by Binisoft and not on these forums. Even-though Binisoft is owned by Malwarebytes it is still separate and do their own support if you happen to have issues.

I used it from before Malwarebytes got involved. Haven't done anything special with it and had no problems. I am using TinyWall on my main puter without any problems.