Yahoo Search Engine Not Wanted

Go to solution Solved by KaktuaJaque,

I use Chrome Browser primarily and Google is/was my default Search Engine. Recently however Yahoo became my default search engine. I do not want this. I made Google my default again in settings and removed the Yahoo extension, restarted my PC ran the most current version of MalwareBytes, however Yahoo is still popping up when I do searches....very frustrating. I sure this is malicious intent, but MalwareBytes is not picking this up to remove it. Do you have any ideas?

• Solution

Thanks Porthos for guiding me here to take a look.  I saw this before by went by it because I was looking for "Yahoo". After your post I scrutinized the listings her. I did not see Yahoo listed anywhere, but I did see this Unfamiliar Search Engine, I took it out and now Yahoo is not coming up anymore. Whatever "Browse Safely" is, it had Yahoo hidden in it.  

Search Engine.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you