Definitions Not Showing After Installing?

I did a clean reinstall of Malwarebytes Premium for Mac yesterday. I noticed in the previous Versions when after the install in Detection History > Reports, it would record the Version and what Definitions Number was installed. I noticed after reinstalling it is not recording the Definitions Number anymore, just the Version Number after installing. Is this action new?

923803172_ScreenShot2021-06-10at1_31_46PM.thumb.png.54e788203add4f665764c50f4677c50a.png

Hello @Popeye:

@treed may confirm the following.

I too performed a clean reinstall of Malwarebytes for Mac v4.8.12 near the end of March, 2021 and after, I took note of the complete absence of previous history having first employed the MB-Mac-Uninstall-Reinstall AppleScript applet.  The utility, that you and I likely used, does appear to do an excellent job.

In the case of the DTBS, I believe v4.0.547 was baked into the v4.10.4.4264.pkg installer. Perhaps if all the manual update confirmations and scan reports were a bit more chatty with details...

HTH

Reference: Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes for Mac

Edited by 1PW
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean that Malwarebytes for Mac will not be recording definition updates in the "Reports GUI" anymore?

If so, where can I find the definition updates?

• Staff

It has been unnaturally quiet on the Mac front lately... we have not needed to update the database in several weeks. As soon as there's an update, you'll see it there as before. We see this kind of thing now and then, and then it seems like the bad guys all pick the same time to start releasing new stuff. 😅

• Thanks 1

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to Definitions Not Showing After Installing?