False positive - cohabitas.com wrongly listed

Go to solution Solved by JPopovic,

We are a house share site for over 40 year olds and one of our users has reported that you have listed us as a dangerous site. I do not know what actual research you've done, but we are not and I would appreciate you removing us from your lists as it is unnecessarily scaring people. Take a look at cohabitas and you'll see. Please can you do this asap as we are a not for profit and this is costing us. Thank you.

One of the requirements for such requests in this forum asks that you post the results of checking the URL on VirusTotal, so I've done that for you: 

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/6509c1a486fff11f68347aa8b47c13fb2300fe4498bffdd506d169b0150052de/detection

It may be necessary for you to clear things up with G-Data about their "Malware" determination before the staff here will be able to remove their classification.

Thank you for that. What is G-data? Google? Our site runs on Google maps and passes all usability tests ... what is G-data about please? Is that the source of data your malware uses to assess site suitability? If so you should let site users know - it was very hard to post a request for removal. Thanks

Don't worry, I found G-data service and added a false positive explaining you suggested we contact them. But where does malwarebytes get its information to assess sites? Creating worry for people unnecessarily - especially our older audience - is unfair and immoral.

The only thing the staff has told us in that regard is that they use "multiple sources" for such information. I know for certain that VirusTotal is one of those, but apparently there are many others. There is a great amount of information sharing among the browser protection community, especially when malware sources are concerned.

I think you should agree that it is better for your users to be safe than sorry, especially where the elderly are concerned. BTW, I'm 79 and that's long been my attitude.