The PC doesn't launch

2 hours ago, exile360 said:

How so?  It won't have any of the settings/registry entries from the installed applications, right?  Unless there's something new in Windows 10's repair install that I'm unaware of. 

A repair install runs like a feature update. It has to be run from within a "running" computer. I place the current ISO on the C drive (it can be done from the usb as well.

in on the C drive, right click and chose "Mount" and after it mounts run setup.

The media creation tool will do the same thing.

All software and data is still there.

Ah, nice, so it retains the registry data from the current installation.  Good to know.  Still, the same applies with regards to timing.  If it wasn't created recently and from the system when it was in a fully uncorrupted state, there may still be some apps that require reinstallation.  Still, it's nice to have another option in addition to System Restore for getting the registry restored to its former state.

1 hour ago, Manaphy0220 said:

I can give you the specs but I don't think it's necessary. I've been using this PC for many years now and there weren't problems like that. I'm not sure if I ever tried to watch a stream with Valorant running but if there are problems with streams when other games are launched then something is wrong.  Then I should try that restoration from the pendrive. Do I get this right?

It is up to you on specs. The rest about restoring with the pen drive, I prefer only to do those for my real clients since I do not have control on my workbench to make sure it is done right.

I do not want anyone to blame me or Malwarebytes for issues.

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

If it wasn't created recently and from the system when it was in a fully uncorrupted state, there may still be some apps that require reinstallation.

A repair install will only correct Windows issues which is more than half of the problems usually.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

When that fails, it is time foe the "dreaded" clean install.

So if I understood correctly it is actually better to do that repair install than the restoration? And if there are problems with my PC I should try the repair installation? At least in this case. And it can be done with the pendrive? There should be no risk if this only repairs the system if something is wrong?

There were some power outages again. But after them I checked the pc and it worked. The pc is turned off now AMD tomorrow I will run chkdsk and sfc scan once more.

Edited by Manaphy0220