Browser Guard Popup about Malwarebytes Premium

Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

Hello! I got a small notification in the top righthand corner of the screen when I opened Google Chrome asking me to 'Allow' or 'Decline' something in Browser Guard if I have Malwarebytes Premium (which I do). I wasn't quick enough to screenshot it because it disappeared before I could click on either of them, but I just wanted to quickly check that's actually part of Malwarebytes, and not something random? I know that's hard to do without a screenshot but I thought someone might know what I mean!

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Link? It does ask for additional permissions at times. Wish you had the screenshot.

What do you see when clicking the BG icon in the browser?

This is what it shows for this website. So it all looks normal! I'm probably just being paranoid, especially as it wasn't a push notification to the notification tray. And the main MB dashboard looks normal too. The only thing I was wondering is in the settings, it asks if I want to turn off duplicate warnings if I have both BG and Premium, so I wondered if it was referring to that.

2021-06-03 (1).png

Just now, Maleficent_X said:

The only thing I was wondering is in the settings, it asks if I want to turn off duplicate warnings if I have both BG and Premium, so I wondered if it was referring to that.

Yes that is probably it. It is a new feature.

• Staff
  • Solution

There is a new one-time message:

image.png.f0d6c9991fa98b756194c65e6aa2cf63.png 

This appears when you have Browser Guard for Chrome and Malwarebytes Premium installed.  There can be instances when you attempt to visit Malicious sites where both products produce block messages.  In an effort to streamline this, if you Allow Browser Guard to manage the overlapped block messages then this will suppress the Malwarebytes Premium message if both products are active.

You can manage your Browser Guard Setting to change your original Allow/Decline choice:

image.png.9e1dbd3688ffd5fe9875b896ab0af7cb.png

• Thanks 1