Malwarebytes for Mac 4.10

13 minutes ago, MAXBAR1 said:

If you use Chrome (or its derivatives) or Firefox you can use Malwarebytes Browser Guard (which is free) Malwarebytes Browser Guard
On Safari there is (always free) ka-block! (or 1blocker if budget permits which has a lot more features - I use this and I'm fine with it but if I were you, I would download ka-block for the time being! because the free Malwarebytes extension will be released soon, although not c 'is still a precise date; it can still be combined with 1blocker for those like me who have already bought it

I'm currently using firefox with ublock origin and browser guard as i had on my windows for general browsing and youtube and safari for streaming netflix, disney, etc. I was thinking on getting adguard for safari now that is native for m1 but im worried about performance issues or battery life isssues.

9 hours ago, Xauma95 said:

Still wondering why it asked me to install Rosetta as this version of malwarebytes is universal and on my activity monitor says apple class.

Possibly because there is a component that is not the app executable itself that hasn't been made universal yet. Something the coders will need to look into.

8 hours ago, alvarnell said:

Possibly because there is a component that is not the app executable itself that hasn't been made universal yet. Something the coders will need to look into.

Ok, thanks. One more question, the 2 layers of protection (malware and app block) are inside RTProtectionDaemon process or is there any other process i should have?

22 minutes ago, Xauma95 said:

Ok, thanks. One more question, the 2 layers of protection (malware and app block) are inside RTProtectionDaemon process or is there any other process i should have?

I'm inside RTProtectionDaemon which is supposed to handle the scan as well

On 6/12/2021 at 1:22 PM, Xauma 95 said:

I've installed the lastest version and it asked me to install rosetta, but when i look the activity monitor it says malwarebytes is apple class, did something went wrong or it was normal?

On 6/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, Xauma95 said:

Still wondering why it asked me to install Rosetta as this version of malwarebytes is universal and on my activity monitor says apple class.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:31 AM Alvarnell said:

@treed , or another staff member, can you explain why?

Thanks

Edited by MAXBAR1

• Staff
On 6/12/2021 at 12:54 PM, Xauma95 said:

Still wondering why it asked me to install Rosetta as this version of malwarebytes is universal

The dev team has identified a defect with the installer that causes this, and they are working on a fix.

• treed unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, treed said:

The dev team has identified a defect with the installer that causes this, and they are working on a fix.

Should i have to uninstall it or to be worried about something? Am I running apple class version? My activity monitor says malwarebytes is apple class

2 hours ago, Xauma95 said:

Should i have to uninstall it or to be worried about something?

No, you've done all you need to do by letting Malwarebytes dev team about it so they can improve the installer to not require Rosetta 2 in the future. As long as your's is otherwise working properly, there should be nothing else required.

• Like 1