Malwarebytes Privacy for Android FAQ

treed

• Staff

Q: How do I activate Privacy for Android with an account?

A: At the time of release, you will need to use a license key to activate Privacy on Android for a purchase made from our website.

Soon, however, you'll also be able to activate with an account. Your Malwarebytes account must have a Privacy license associated with it. If you purchased from the web store, and haven't set up your account yet, do so at my.malwarebytes.com. Be sure to use the same e-mail address that you used for purchasing. Once your account is set up, and has a Privacy license key with unused seats, you can log into that account in the Privacy app.

Q: Can I use a purchase I made within the Android app on other devices?

A: Assuming your purchase has at least one unused seat, you can use your purchase on other iOS devices by simply restoring your App Store purchase on another device within the app. (You must be signed in to the Apple ID that was used for the purchase on that device.)

To use a purchase on Mac, Windows, or another iOS device using a different Apple ID, simply open the settings in the Privacy app where you made your purchase and sign in to a Malwarebytes account. That will associate your purchase with that account, allowing it to be used on other devices and platforms.

Q: Why can't I find the app in Google Play?

A: The app has been released to 166 countries/regions.  If you don't see it available your country may be under an embargo.

Q: Can I use this on tablet?

A: You can use Privacy on a tablet, although the display is not yet optimized for the larger screen of a tablet.

Q: Is dark mode supported?

A: Not at this time, but that will be coming in the future.

Q: What VPN protocol do you use?

A: Malwarebytes uses a modern, open-source VPN protocol called WireGuard that is more efficient and streamlined than traditional VPNs.

Q: Is this a white-labeled product?

A: This is not a “white label” product. Malwarebytes chose Mullvad as our trusted partner to provide the VPN network. Malwarebytes has designed and built the other components.

Q: What is your logging policy?

A: Since privacy is at the core, we’ll validate the license key and ensure proper client functionality, but that's it. We don't track or store your online activity, whether it’s browsing or accessing any websites.  For additional information see our privacy policy.

Q: Do you have a free trial of Malwarebytes Privacy?

A: Yes, you can start a trial within the app, or start your free 7-day trial via our website at https://www.malwarebytes.com/vpn.

Q: Does Malwarebytes Privacy support IPv6?

A: We support both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.

Q: Where can I download Malwarebytes Privacy?

A: You can download the Android version of the Privacy app from Google Play:  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.harpocrates

Q: Where are your servers located?

A: We have servers located in 43 countries around the world: Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Columbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, Ukraine, and USA.

Edited by gatortail
corrected font issue