Windows 10 2021-05-20 Registry False Positive (RiskWare.Injector.Generic)

NeoBeum

I'm not sure which Windows 10 app updated and triggered these appx reg entries, but if I find it I'll post back... could be a Wireless Service pack or something to break my PC....

RiskWare.Injector.Generic, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TREE\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask, No Action By User, 11812, 941491, , , , , ,

RiskWare.Injector.Generic, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TREE\Microsoft\Windows\AppxDeploymentClient\Pre-staged app cleanup, No Action By User, 11812, 941491, , , , , ,

MBAM-21-05-20.txt

Just now, Porthos said:

This was a False Positive detection. You can restore all entries from quarantine titled as Riskware.Injector.Generic, it only detected Scheduled Tasks.

Ok, happy to know i'm stillprotected. :) The files don't have the .generic though. Is that eny different?

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This was a False Positive detection. You can restore all entries from quarantine titled as Riskware.Injector.Generic, it only detected Scheduled Tasks.

I just set to Ignore always - I'm willing to bet something in Windows 10 servicing will break if it gets quarantined and doesn't start properly on next boot...

1 minute ago, Nicolas6 said:

Ok, i'll do it this evening. It isn't the rootkit scanning that takes so long though, it's the last step.

It is recommend rootkit be turned on only where there is an issue for removing something with the normal scan. Rootkit is slightly more dangerous as it has to disable some whitelisting to remediate some rootkits.

Maybe once a week if really want to use rootkit. But honestly we rarely see rootkit files anymore and the newer engine can remove most of them anyways even without rootkit on.