Unable to run Malwarebytes

Thank you for the report from SecurityCheck.

It is good to see that BitDefender free antivirus is up to date & is the resident antivirus.

There are a number of other items that do need your attention & follow-up.

[ Windows 7  ] ------- Extended support has ended 14.01.2020, Your operating system may be vulnerable to new types of threats

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 v.4.8.03761 Warning! Download Update

TreeSize Free V4.1.2 v.4.1.2 Warning! Download Update

Zoom v.5.3.2 (53291.1011) Warning! Download Update

Adobe Flash Player 28 ActiveX v.28.0.0.161 Warning! This software is no longer supported. Please uninstall it.

Adobe Acrobat DC (2015) v.15.006.30527 Warning! Download Update ^Please run Acrobat DC and go Help - Check for updates...^

Microsoft Edge v.83.0.478.50 Warning! Download Update

I very much regret that Malwarebytes for Windows is still crashing.  It is still a mystery as to why it is so.  Plus since this is on Windows 7 I am not confident as to whether this specific pc will succeed.

The Windows O S  is what need your follow-up & attention.

Windows 7 Extended support has ended 14.01.2020, Your operating system may be vulnerable to new types of threats

But I already stated that.

Here are tips on keeping your web browsers safer.   Please make time  and read all of this.     apply the tips.

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

If this pc has the Google Chrome browser, or the Brave browser, I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

For    Mozilla Firefox, to get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard  Firefox extension.

Open this link in your Firefox browser:   

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/

Then proceed with the setup.

That link is for English US.   There are other language version.  Just go to the very bottom right of the page and look at “Change language” list drop down.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you