Video crashing Discord, "Input not supported" and Windows repair tool

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Just meant that if the disk partitioning isn't correct it won't install.

If that happens then delete all partitions and let Windows installer do all of it on it's own

@AdvancedSetup

My plan is to delete all partitions that will be there (all space will be named unallocated space at this point, right?). This will delete all files and possibilities of infections being there after format, right? Then I will make 2 partitions (150 or 200GB for Disc C and all the rest (except for that system reserved part) for Disc D). Then the System will be installed at C. If something doesn't work then I'll delete all partitions and go with un-allocated space. Is that right?

About that problem I mentioned today, so it turns out that it is my system's fault?

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Personally I think 200GB for drive C: for the OS is too small. It will work well for a year or two but eventually you'll fill that up and then be scurrying on doing another FDISK and reinstall or migrate to a newer, bigger drive.

400GB would be the lowest I'd recommend. Most users will keep and run that size for years and years. Running at 200GB or less and you will potentially run out of space in time.

I'm not sure what you mean about your last comment. Let's not over think the process. Simply try to move forward with the install. We've asked the same question posed a little differently a few times now.

When ready just give it a try and if you do get stuck let me know.

Thanks

21 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Personally I think 200GB for drive C: for the OS is too small. It will work well for a year or two but eventually you'll fill that up and then be scurrying on doing another FDISK and reinstall or migrate to a newer, bigger drive.

400GB would be the lowest I'd recommend. Most users will keep and run that size for years and years. Running at 200GB or less and you will potentially run out of space in time.

I'm not sure what you mean about your last comment. Let's not over think the process. Simply try to move forward with the install. We've asked the same question posed a little differently a few times now.

When ready just give it a try and if you do get stuck let me know.

Thanks

@AdvancedSetupI was thinking about assigning 300GB to the C:. I had 200GBs for more than 3 or 4 years and it was enough. What do You think? Also: what should I do after a successful (hopefully) installation (had to postpone it till tomorrow)? Drivers will download automatically, right? I'll also download Nvidia GeForce Experience. Do I have to download more manually? Do I have to download some updates or something like that?

@AdvancedSetup

The installation of Windows 10 is complete.

I had a few problems but it seems to be working now. I'd like to ask about some things tho. It turned out to be a wall of text, I'm really sorry.

There was a problem with partitions. When I made them there was only one visible and accessible in "This computer". I decided to do that whole process once more and went with "unallocated" space as the only option in that partition/discs screen.

It turned out that the key I had was for the Windows 10 Education version. Too bad I haven't checked earlier. Should I get a new one or can I go with Education? 

There was a problem with logging in during the installation because I couldn't use a personal account there (business account was needed). So I created an offline account and after the installation I was able to log in to my personal account in the settings. I also made a PIN that it proposed after login in. It says now that the Windows is activated with a digital key assigned to my Microsoft account (it became that way after me using "change the activation key". I wanted to try it thinking that maybe it will give me an option to activate different version of Windows. Obviously I typed the same key I used before to activate the Windows).

After the installation process was completed, I checked Update and downloaded everything that was there. There are "Optional updates" but only drivers are there and it says to download them in case of problems and I have observed none. I also restarted the PC as Update notified that the PC must be restarted to install updates as they were downloading after active hours or something.

Nvidia control panel was automatically downloaded and then some other things were synchronized (OneDrive launched and there were some files I made before and didn't know that they were stored in OneDrive).

I downloaded Nvidia GeForce Experience and installed the newest drivers it had. The rest of drivers were installed automatically (there was no information thst something is missing). I also tested if my headphones work and I think the sound is a bit different. What could be the reason?

There is also a bug or something I have sińce I remember (it was there before the format). When I click at Technical Support in Nvidia Control Panel, the support page that is displayed in a browser is in Russian. Everythinf else is in my language. I asked Nvidia and they said that it's nothing to worry about. What do You think?

When I look info Devices manager (I don't knkw if this is how its called in English but You can open it in "This computer" window) there is a symbol on the first thing on the list and it says that it needs an update. I think it's some service. I will check this and send the details tomorrow (or rather today as You're reading this).

So, what do You think? Does everything look good or should I change something?

• Root Admin

I'm sure all is okay but let me get some logs so that I can see what's going on and we'll go from there.

I wouldn't worry about a page being in Russian. Sometimes websites will read your region wrong.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm sure all is okay but let me get some logs so that I can see what's going on and we'll go from there.

I wouldn't worry about a page being in Russian. Sometimes websites will read your region wrong.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

So, will those logs tell if everything is okay? I can send them a bit later. It is probably a dumb qustion since I've been using it before but downloading and using FRST is completely safe, right?

I have a photo of this thing in device manager (it's in Polish but maybe the icon or translation will help)

20210507_095820.jpg

Edited by Manaphy0220
I forgot to upload the photo

@AdvancedSetup

I can download FRST without any concerns, right?

Also I downloaded ESET Online Scanner to scan from time to time in addition to the Defender. I tried to move it after it opened (the scanner's window) with my mouse and it was "swimming". I can't describe it properly but when moving another program's window it moves smoothly and precisely but ESET is "swimming" on the screen. Is that a feature of ESET's or some kind of bug? 

• Root Admin

Yes, FRST is perfectly safe. It only reads what is on the computer unless provided a script to do something.

Please translate what that says in your image in English

I don't know what you mean about swimming with ESET. At this time Windows 10 already comes with Windows Defender antivirus and on a new install there should not be anything wrong.

Get me the FRST logs please.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, FRST is perfectly safe. It only reads what is on the computer unless provided a script to do something.

Please translate what that says in your image in English

I don't know what you mean about swimming with ESET. At this time Windows 10 already comes with Windows Defender antivirus and on a new install there should not be anything wrong.

Get me the FRST logs please.

Thanks

@AdvancedSetup

With ESET I mean that if I'm moving any other program on the desktop the movement is smooth but in ESET's case it feels like it's a bit laggy. There shouldn't be any problems if Defender finds nothing and all other programs works fine?

Also how do I uninstall ESET Online Scanner and FRST? They aren't visible in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. One scanner at Virustotal finds something wrong with FRST but all others say it's fine + it's videly used so there is nothing to worry about, right?

I don't really know how to translate that Kontroler Magistrali Zarządzania Systemem. If translated directly it would be "System management main line controller" or something similar.  It shows that there is no driver installed and I can click on "update driver". Should I do it?

Logs are in attachments (all additional options were enabled in FRST)

FRST.txt Shortcut.txt Addition.txt

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

Let me have you run the following fix. It will remove some of the ESET program for you as well.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Let me have you run the following fix. It will remove some of the ESET program for you as well.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt 863 B · 0 downloads

Thanks

@AdvancedSetup Thank You. I will run it tomorrow as I'm going to sleep now.

I'd like to ask: the fix will do only that checking of files and remove temporary files? How does the system look before the scan? There shouldn't be problems (at least not many) if it's new, right? 

I have Windows Defender running. Should I turn it off? How do I do that? And why should it be turned off? Would it block the repair?

• Root Admin

Overall the system looks good. This is to just do some basic clean up and checks.

In most cases Defender probably wouldn't stop it but it might.

Here is how to temporarily disable it

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-off-defender-antivirus-protection-in-windows-security-99e6004f-c54c-8509-773c-a4d776b77960

Overall the system looks good. This is to just do some basic clean up and checks.

In most cases Defender probably wouldn't stop it but it might.

Here is how to temporarily disable it

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-off-defender-antivirus-protection-in-windows-security-99e6004f-c54c-8509-773c-a4d776b77960

@AdvancedSetup Good think I woke up for a while. I'd like to ask a few questions:

Should I try doing the fix without turning off the Defender first or is it better to turn it off? Nothing bad will happen if it's off?

About that ESET, it's nothing to worry about right? And what should I do with that system management driver?

23 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Try it either way you like. If it stops it then turn it off and try again.

There is no issue having FRST remove the left over ESET

The System Management is a bus driver. Click on the update driver and see if it will update

@AdvancedSetup 

Also: the fix is safe, right? There won't be any problems?

Edit:

The repair is done. Repairing took some time, checking disc was super fast (I didn't even saw the result cause it was already over when I came back). ESET is still installed, should I just delete it with Shift + Del? The fixlog is in the attachments.

I tried updating the driver of that control management but I had to choose an update file from my PC and I don't have any.

I saw that the fix was doing something with ipconfig, what was that?

I have a question about firewall. I downloaded a game (War Thunder) and when launching it for the first time there was a notification saying that firewall blocked some features of the game and that it asks for an access. I pressed "x" because was a bit confused about my network being set as public. Should I change it? After closing that notification the game didn't ask again for the access or exception. Should I do something to allow the access or can I ignore it? Also: If a game or other program I install asks me about the access, then I should give it to them, right? Should I allow it only through a public network, private network or both? Or none?

Fixlog.txt

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

The log looks good.

I would make sure the computer is fully up to date with required software before installing games and other applications.

However, if the game is 100% from a known trusted source then yes click to allow the Network access on your firewall. If it's from any other risky or unknown source then remove the program from your computer.

Go into your device manager and find the Yellow device. Then right click and choose properties. Then click on Details, then under Property click and go to Hardware Ids and post back a screenshot of it.

Example of what I'm looking for.

image.png

@AdvancedSetup

I downloaded every update that appeared in Windows Update. Does that mean that the computer is up to date?

I'm sending screenshots of that device with yello sign in the attachments (If there is a need of translation then I'll do my best).

About that game - I think it is trusted. I've been playing it for more than 4 years now (War Thunder). The problem is that when the window asking for an access appeared I denied it (pressed "x"). Now that window doesn't appear again. I don't know what do do.

7.png

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

Thanks @Manaphy0220

Okay, based on that it appears this should be the driver you need to install.

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 8/9/100 Series and Intel® C220/C610 Chipset Family
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-Intel-8-9-100-Series-and-Intel-C220-C610-Chipset-Family

Just now, AdvancedSetup said:

Thanks @Manaphy0220

Okay, based on that it appears this should be the driver you need to install.

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel® 8/9/100 Series and Intel® C220/C610 Chipset Family
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-Intel-8-9-100-Series-and-Intel-C220-C610-Chipset-Family

@AdvancedSetup Thank You. So I should download it at then go to Devices Manager and update that "Kontroler magistrali zarządzania systemem". It will ask me for an update file so I choose that one I just downloaded? 

What about that game and access? Should I ignore it if the window asking for permision isn't appearing?

4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

That is an installer. Just download it and run it. It will automatically update the driver for you.

Reboot the computer and recheck the driver

I "unpacked" the file with ZIP and when clicked "setup" the notification appeared: "This operating system is not supported".

Edited by Manaphy0220

• Root Admin

Yes, I posted it was not the correct one above. I saw too late it was for Windows 7

This one is from the Microsoft Windows Catalog that should be the correct one for Windows 10

image.png

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2016/02/200012371_95a1cb92b3afb968068625142be186eee26bad97.cab