browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com

bjm
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I asked one of our devs for his input on the subject.  This is a brand new tracker, and I don't have enough knowledge of it or its behavior to speak intelligently on the subject.

Okay....Thanks for your interest.   
FWIW ~ at this time "Nothing to block"
1379912152_Nothingtoblock.png.471a44e3ff34838bc2e4544dcc0ecbbe.png
Something updated/changed my side or your side? 
Thanks again for Malwarebytes Community interest.  

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Mine is gone now as well. I do have all options on though.

Yeah, I tried with Ads/Trackers on when I was seeing ....browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com ...trying to understand why Ads/Trackers off was reporting ....browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com.  
I run uBlock Origin.  I run Edge Tracking Prevention off and BG Ads/Trackers off.  Just me. 
Thanks

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I use Firefox 98%of the time.😉

So, BG from Firefox was reporting ...browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com ...too. 
Just seemed odd, for me, to see numbers on BG toolbar button. 
Seeing numbers on BG button made me curious.  

• Staff
  • Solution

The reason browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com was blocked even with Ads/Trackers off is because it was flagged as malicious, not as an Ad or Tracker.  That is why it was shown in red with a little bug to the left.  It didn't require a complete page block because the call could just be skipped.  I'm guessing research reviewed that item and updated how it's categorized.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gatortail said:

The reason browser.pipe.aira.microsoft.com was blocked even with Ads/Trackers off is because it was flagged as malicious, not as an Ad or Tracker.  That is why it was shown in red with a little bug to the left.  It didn't require a complete page block because the call could just be skipped.  I'm guessing research reviewed that item and updated how it's categorized.  

Hmm, numbers on BG button for - "malicious" - Malware category? 
Thanks for your interest n' info.